A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edward Murphy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Murphy
Lupus Patient Education Patient education guide to systemic lupus erythematosus and less common forms of lupus.Before Visiting Dr. Murphy Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edward Murphy, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Murphy graduated from University of Chicago.
Dr. Murphy has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Oregon Health Science University
- OHSU Hospital
- Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Portland
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Edward Simon Murphy MD is a male Internist, has 41 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, and Interventional Cardiology.
- Where does Dr. Edward S. Murphy practice?
- Dr. Edward Murphy has 1 office location.
Dr. Edward Murphy practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, and Interventional Cardiology near Portland, OR.
See Portland Internists and Portland Cardiologists.