A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edward Murphy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edward Murphy, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Murphy graduated from University of Chicago.
Dr. Murphy has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Portland
- Oregon Health Science University
- OHSU Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Murphy accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Providence Health Plan - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- ODS Health Plans - 3 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan