A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edward Schaefer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Edward Schaefer is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Schaefer
Read all about venous thromboembolism symptoms and treatments by reading our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Schaefer Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edward Schaefer, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Sleep Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
Education & Awards
Dr. Schaefer graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore.
Dr. Schaefer has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Howard County General Hospital
- Sinai Hospital Of Baltimore
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Edward William Schaefer MD is a male Internist, has 36 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care Medicine, and Sleep Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Edward W. Schaefer practice?
- Dr. Edward Schaefer has 1 office location.
Dr. Edward Schaefer practices Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care Medicine, and Sleep Medicine near Columbia, MD.
See Columbia Internists, Columbia Pulmonologists, Columbia Critical Care Practitioners, and Columbia Sleep Medicine Doctors.