A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edward Schumaker:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Edward Schumaker is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edward Schumaker, DO is board certified in Family Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Hot Flashes
Education & Awards
Dr. Schumaker graduated from Western University of Health Sciences, Pomona. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Schumaker has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego
- Scripps Mercy Hospital Chula Vista
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Schumaker accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 24 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 3 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Molina Healthcare - 4 plans
- Care 1st Health Plan - 1 plan
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 9 plans
- Humana - 9 plans
- Community Health Group - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Edward W. Schumaker practice?
Dr. Edward Schumaker practices Family Medicine and Obstetrics & Gynecology near Alpine, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Chula Vista, CA and San Diego, CA.
See Alpine Family Physicians and Alpine Obstetricians & Gynecologists.