Dr. Edward Secunda Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Edward Secunda?

June 16th, 2017

Uncompassionate, disorganized, and lied for 3 weeks about referrals

Dr Secunda spends very little time with his patients and even skimps on explanations of side effects for prescribed medication. Do your research as very little patient education will occur. The office staff is highly disorganized and still completely paper-based. There have been times where they couldn't find my folder and thus any of my information. Office staff had lied for 3 weeks about a referral status to cover the fact they never reached out to insurance as their 1 ref person was on vacation. I was fed some explanation that the insurance declined my referral. Then the story changed to the insurance recommended a different test as it didn't require a referral. I was foolish to trust them! After 6 weeks desperate for care I called insurance to learn that the office never contacted them a single time regarding the referral.

February 2nd, 2015

The receptionist are rude and have chaos there.

June 3rd, 2013

The staff was nice trying to help me get an appointment. The nurses were very courteous and answered all my questions. He was very prompt and asked me alot about my previous care and wanted to make sure that I understood about my illnesses a nd medications. I was a new patient so this made me feel very good. I would recommedend him to anyone.

October 4th, 2012

Worst experience EVER

I went in to see Dr. Secunda as I had a problem for over 2 weeks that was not getting better. He was very RUDE! He refused to look at my problem and sent me home with an Rx without being able to even properly Dx the problem because he never examined it. The Rx was for an ointment that I did get filled because I was desperate for the problem to go away. I ended up in the ER 2 days later having EMERGENCY SURGERY to resolve the problem. I will NEVER EVER EVER GO BACK!!! EVER!!!!!!

September 15th, 2011

Manager

Very professional, excellent care and follow up. Good job explaining problem and need for follow ups and medications.

July 22nd, 2011

Assembly line, Next...

Very little or no eye contact from staff nor Dr. Secunda. It appears patients are mundane as doing laundry. He has misdiagnostic my wife @ least 3x. Once for low iron, then diabetes, finally kidney failure. He prescribed 800mg of Ibuprofen to my wife for 10years to relieve gout pain. We found out by seeing another Dr. for carpal tunnel on her wrist. He sent us to a kidney specialist which confirmed our fears. The cause most likely the long term use of Ibuprofen. She is now on Dialysis 3X a week. I guess we should have read the side effects on the medications instead of waiting for the Dr to explain the dangers of long term use. That must give them comfort to sleep @ night.

June 30th, 2011

rudeness

Rude Staff, Dr. Secunda also rude.

January 21st, 2011

Horrible Doctor

I have been going to Dr Secunda on and off for about 10 years however during the last year I have had nothing but negative experiences with him. In Sept I went into see him with fever and very sick, he told me I had allergies and sent me home with a prescription for Claritan. The next day I felt like I was dying so I went to the ER and I had pneumonia in both lungs. I was out of work for 2 weeks. Then this week I went in with all the classic symptoms of the Flu, sudden 103.2 temp, chills, aches and dry cough. I had also been exposed to the flu through co-workers the week before. I tell him all this and he says it kind of sounds like the flu however he never tested me for the flu. He did give me a prescription but when I went to get it filled the prescription was just for Mucinex. That same day my daughter started showing the same symptoms I was so I took her to the Pediatrician at the same office who not only tested her for flu but also for strep and it turns out she has BOTH. Now I am positive I have the flu however at this point it is too late for Tamiflu so I am not even going to bother going back. Now that its been about 4 days I can feel it moving it down into my chest and hope that it doesnt turn into pnuemonia again. I will definately be changing doctors now since he misdiagnosed me twice in a row. He also treats me like I am an idiot when I ask questions and can very rude.

May 12th, 2010

Overall great doctor. I have no insurance and he made sure I was taken care of without charging me an arm and a leg. Thank you so much Dr. Secunda.

March 21st, 2008

I wouldn't go back if someone paid me. I have never in my life been talk down to like he did. He make me feel like my question where dumb he called me fat and he yelled at me. He was very unprofessional and I will never go back even if he was the last doctor on earth I rather die.

May 26th, 2017