Family Physicians

702 E Bell Rd
Ste 119
Phoenix, AZ 85022
602-493-0079
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion. CitySearch. DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  Warning! Do your research before seeing this misfit.  |  show details
by Truth Teller on Aug 7th, 2013

i must be losing my mind. too much stress. Disciplinary action in another state  (8/31/2009) Action Taken: Probation Allegation of Complaint: Edward L. Shapiro, D.O.; License # 20A4201 Nature of Complaint: The physician has been the subject of disciplinary action in another state. Action Taken: The Osteopathic Medical Board of California has Revoked the physician's license to practice osteopathic medicine and surgery in the State of California. The revocation has been Stayed and the physician has been placed on Probation for a period of five years subject to various probationary terms and conditions.

|  Don't waste your time  |  show details
by Never Again on Jul 15th, 2013

Nothing to like about this Dr. Shapiro. Will never be back again. Staff very rude along with Shapiro's bedside manner. He yells, rants and acts disorientated. Gives no explanations for his accusations as will as his temper tantrums. Didn't spend more then 10 min. with me after waiting 40 min. total in waiting room and examination room. Never follows up after visit. Never in 41 yrs. have I seen a worst unclean looking Dr. along with his poor attitude and concern for a patient. I do not recommend him. Very poor service and lack of compassion.

|  show details
Oct 9th, 2012

Dr. Shapiro is an average dr. I went in there regarding a lump on my leg. He couldn't figure out what the cause was and then he began asking over all health questions. Some of which I felt he should already know as I am a patient of his. I know he has more than one patient but he should be reviewing the patients chart before he sees his patients. I do not like doctors in general anyways and I have yet to find the one that will take care of me and not be so self serving. I feel that if you don't give him the answers he is expecting he doesn't like it.

|  Great office!  |  show details
Jul 18th, 2012

Dr Shapiro is friendly and professional. Recommend him to all my friends and family. Office staff answers phones fast and are very effecient

|  Dr. Shapiro's manager is a witch.  |  show details
Jun 25th, 2012

There is a saying a first impression is a lasting impression and it wasn't a good impression. I sprained my ankle from a hiking accident in January 2002. I called his assistant/manager and she turned out to be a real witch. I don't remember what I said to her that set her off and at one point she hung up on me. When I called back, she threatened to terminate my account so I swallowed my pride and apologized even though I did nothing wrong. I believe she took advantage of the fact that since my mobility was limited, she could take advantage of me however she saw fit. When things settled down, I had my appointment with Dr. Shapiro. He asked me what I do for a living. I told him I was taking film classes at Scottsdale Community College and he got rude with me telling me I was making a mistake not taking classes in Los Angeles. As soon as I was able to change my provider from Cigna to United Healthcare, I changed physicians. This office's bedside manner gets an F in my book.

|  Best Doctor and Staff in the world  |  show details
Oct 29th, 2011

Dr Shapiro is the best! The wait is never long. The staff are wonderful. It is a family run office w/his wonderful wife and beautiful daughter by his side, not to mention the rest of the crew...they are all like family. Doc surely cares and is not afraid to rebuke the unrepentent patient! His humor is witty and sacastic (the good kind). He is a sports nut as well as a man knowledgeable in a little bit of everything from current events to religion. But don't be scared away...the point is besides diagnosing and treating his patients he gets to know you personally and can hold an intelligent conversation and well as bring spirits up. My husband and I have been going to the good doctor for approximately 4 years and plan on going to him til we die, he dies or he retires...which ever come first...not fast :)

|  Not impressed with staff  |  show details
May 6th, 2011

Very unprofessional. One of the staff members had no problem with yelling at me and using hand gestures. The other staff did not try to stop her or tell her to leave. My husband loves this doctor but because of the staff, he will not be going back there.

|  Very Rude Staff  |  show details
by CD85027 at Citysearch on May 6th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Found out how rude the staff was. Very unprofessional. She actually yelled at me and started in with her hand gestures. I wonder if Dr. Shapiro knows how bad some of his staff is. I stopped going there after my first Dr. appointment. Now I am trying to make sure no one else goes back there, it is just not worth it. In my 20 years working in the hospital and with the public, I never yelled at a patient. She really needs a new line of work. One that doesn`t interact with people or require customer service skills.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
Mar 14th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Shapiro for about 4 years. Occasionally wait times are long when they are busy. All of his diagnosis have been accurate and treatments effective and efficient. In one case he was able to recognize a specialists mistake in treating injuries from a motorcycle accident and recommended a different treatment plan that helped tremendously. I would strongly recommend Dr. Shapiro to anyone seeking a family or primary care doctor.

|  Dr Shapiro and Staff are Great  |  show details
by Carl and Ann on Apr 20th, 2010

My husband and i have been seeing Dr Shapiro for over 16 years. He has always been very caring and careful in his diagnosis. Not many doctors have a sense of humor and not only does he have one but he is serious when discussing diagnosisWe would not trade him in ever!

|  Saved my life  |  show details
by C.G. Jones on Oct 6th, 2009

I've had Dr. Shapiro for over 18 years and I would not trade him for anyone else. I saw him by accident while under the care of and other Dr. and hesaw something the other Dr. had missed. If he hadn,t caught it when he did I'd probably be dead by now. Thank you Doc.

|  cheap doctor who doesnt care  |  show details
by sonicmasd on Dec 29th, 2008 on kudzu.com

when you walk into this guys office the first thing you notice are all the advisory notices to make sure they get paid. You can't make a general appointment to see the doctor, you either have to make one for a specific condition or a check up. so if you go in there with an ingrown toenail but have been having chest pains as well you have to chose which one you would like the precious doctor to spend 5 minutes looking at and then reschedule for him to spend another 5 minutes looking at the other.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  show details
by phoenix122 on Feb 1st, 2007 on citysearch.com

There was a recent change in office staff, and the service I have received has been horrible ever since. I had to wait two weeks for a prescription to get called in to my pharmacy, and I had to call the doctors office multiple times to get it done. I gave

Read Full Review at citysearch.com