Dr. Edward Simmons MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 19th, 2017
sold out to corporate
I have been a patient for many years. Was very happy with this doctor & staff until about a year ago. Terrible experience since physician" sold out" to corporate, he lost his dedicated office staff, Tanya ,Denise, Anita, & Deanna & now the office is a joke. NO ONE returns calls or cares about the patients. it's all about $$$.

March 5th, 2017
post operative infection
after 4 days post op I called the office to speak with Dr Simmons. I was not feeling well after anterior fusion of the cervical 6/7. I was given to the PA-physicians assistant who belittled me on the phone telling me that I was exaggerating my symptoms and I wasnt a doctor literally raising her voice telling me my symptoms were normal. I advised I had two previous fusions where I did not feel ill afterwards. Something is wrong. 2 days later I was rushed into the hospital by ambulance because I could not get out of bed. An severe infection had proliferated systemically. I spent 2 months in the hospital with near death experiences. had severe edema, thrush developed, vital were extremely low. I acquired heart damage and damage to adrenal glands. This PA was negligent in her actions and is a reflection of the physician Dr. Simmons. I asked for Dr. Simmons I got an inexperienced uneducated PA with an ego. I should have filed a complaint with the dept of professions. Before choosing this physician assure that the PA is qualified experienced and if they dotn listen t you go elsewhere

March 3rd, 2017
Good people very classy

October 25th, 2016
I was very impressed at my new patient appointment from the personell at the check in window to the medical assistant, and the PA that I saw . FYI the xray tech Theresa was the nicest one I have ever had the pleasure to be xrayed by. That girl deserves a RAISE!!!

April 27th, 2016
Had my surgery 11 years ago
He is an amazing surgeon. He fixed my spine. No need for pain killers or subsequent surgeries. He runs a tight ship and while his bedside manner is a little brisk, I wasn't there to make friends. I'm sure we both have enough friends. For a surgeon, I want a professional, not a joker. A + Dr. Simmons!

October 29th, 2015
Office staff went out of there way to get surgery authorized by my insurance company. The dr. is very patient, knowledgeable, & understanding.

October 16th, 2015
This surgeon is excellent. I highly recommend him. He fused me from L-3 to S-1 and I feel much better.

September 18th, 2012
good experience, friendly staff, doctor has excellent bedside manner-explained all options in a way the average person could understand

January 27th, 2012
Dr. Simmons has been my back doctor since my accident 3 years ago and I have had 2 surgeries. He has been really great. Patient doctor. I am feeling way better now. last appointment I got new assistant Tonya who was very nice. Thank you.

January 5th, 2012
Rude staff and constantly reschedule my appointments on me.

December 16th, 2011
Dr Simmons has really helped me. I have a complicated problem. He really has followed me along and stuck with me. He told me the truth about me back problems. no sales pitch.

November 10th, 2011
I was under Dr. Simmons' care for scoliosis for a number of years. I have no complaints with the care I received. I am generally doing well and am managing associated pain. On my last visit, I was told that yearly visits weren't necessary. I could call if I had a flare-up of pain. When that flare-up happened, I was told I could see Dr. Simmons in three months. Thankfully, I worked through it, but decided to keep the appointment. The day before the appointment, I was called and the appointment was cancelled because I needed to be seen as a new patient because it had been so long since I'd been seen. Fair enough, except the next available appointment was THREE MORE MONTHS in the future!! So...you wait SIX MONTHS to see this doctor if you follow directions when you're doing well?? I'm currently in the process of finding a new doctor.