Dr. Edward Simmons MD Patient Reviews

3.6
  • 14 reviews

October 25th, 2016
I was very impressed at my new patient appointment from the personell at the check in window to the medical assistant, and the PA that I saw . FYI the xray tech Theresa was the nicest one I have ever had the pleasure to be xrayed by. That girl deserves a RAISE!!!

April 27th, 2016
Had my surgery 11 years ago
He is an amazing surgeon. He fixed my spine. No need for pain killers or subsequent surgeries. He runs a tight ship and while his bedside manner is a little brisk, I wasn't there to make friends. I'm sure we both have enough friends. For a surgeon, I want a professional, not a joker. A + Dr. Simmons!

October 29th, 2015
Office staff went out of there way to get surgery authorized by my insurance company. The dr. is very patient, knowledgeable, & understanding.

October 16th, 2015
This surgeon is excellent. I highly recommend him. He fused me from L-3 to S-1 and I feel much better.

September 18th, 2012
good experience, friendly staff, doctor has excellent bedside manner-explained all options in a way the average person could understand

January 27th, 2012
Dr. Simmons has been my back doctor since my accident 3 years ago and I have had 2 surgeries. He has been really great. Patient doctor. I am feeling way better now. last appointment I got new assistant Tonya who was very nice. Thank you.

January 5th, 2012
Rude staff and constantly reschedule my appointments on me.

December 16th, 2011
Dr Simmons has really helped me. I have a complicated problem. He really has followed me along and stuck with me. He told me the truth about me back problems. no sales pitch.

November 10th, 2011
I was under Dr. Simmons' care for scoliosis for a number of years. I have no complaints with the care I received. I am generally doing well and am managing associated pain. On my last visit, I was told that yearly visits weren't necessary. I could call if I had a flare-up of pain. When that flare-up happened, I was told I could see Dr. Simmons in three months. Thankfully, I worked through it, but decided to keep the appointment. The day before the appointment, I was called and the appointment was cancelled because I needed to be seen as a new patient because it had been so long since I'd been seen. Fair enough, except the next available appointment was THREE MORE MONTHS in the future!! So...you wait SIX MONTHS to see this doctor if you follow directions when you're doing well?? I'm currently in the process of finding a new doctor.

July 5th, 2011
very unsatified
the staff was very very rude the nurse practioner was extreamly rude and scarcastic.. when i told her about the pain in my back i cant even hardly walk she commented you got here didnt you? i paid a co pay in the office and then received another bill for a second co pay and it was sent to collections i had no choice but to pay it or my credit would be ruined. i never even got to see the doctor or talk to him.. i will never go back there and put the office down and advise against going to anyone i can

February 1st, 2011
Disappointed
Had a spinal fusion surgery at a very young age and was told I would heal well because I was so young. Its now been five years post surgery and I am in chronic pain daily! I do understand that surgery is not a cure all. When I went back to the surgeon to ask for my options to relieve my pain after surgery, I was told he could help

January 29th, 2011
Office management
Edward simmons is a nice guy but his staff exspecially Aileen E Bergen is horrible. She always seems like she has some sort of personal issue going on and doesn't take what you have to say serioulsy. I was shoked and appauled by her additude. Stay away for this office.