Dr. Edward Southwick Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Edward Southwick?

Skin Cancer

Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.

Have you seen Dr. Edward Southwick?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

April 23rd, 2013

Pleased (again)

Just returned from my fourth visit to Dr Southwick's clinic. Again, I found the staff to be warm, courteous and pleasant. Again, the Dr was kind, attentive, re-assuring and answered all of my questions. I am a senior citizen who is new to the Salt Lake area. It can be difficult to find a Dr who you trust and can relate to. I feel fortunate to have Dr Southwick caring for the largest organ in my body, my Skin.

March 14th, 2011

sent out tests without any notification

I refuse to return to a doctor that doesn't inform me of tests they plan on running. Southwick removed what he referred to as "just a blood mole" which in I thought he pierced/removed it and cauterized the skin. He never said anything about sending out labs and I didn't see any slides, tubes, nothing so it was a great surprise when I received a bill for pathology tests. I've become so jaded of the medical system and how doctors have no responsibility with how they spend other peoples money. A true shame because I was perfectly content with keeping him as a regular specialist.

September 28th, 2009

PATHETIC

My mother was a referral to you by another doctor, and a poor choice at that one too.Then, you enter the room with a noticeable attitude, which made her feel as though you didn't want to be bothered.My mother has an Ulcer wound on her leg. The recent bandage on her leg stuck to the wound, making it very painful to attempt to remove it, yet you tried only to have my mother tell you to, "Stop! It hurts!" So you advise her to "Go home and "soak" the wound in warm water to remove the bandage, then apply whatever cockamimi ointment you gave her. You made NO effort of any kind to help ease the worries, the pain, of my mother during her visit with you. The job YOU should have done, you imposed upon her. I will make sure to NEVER have family members or friends go to you. That's a guarantee!I hope someone reads this and knows just how UNPROFESSIONAL, NON-CARING, and downright TACKY you were in handling a patient. Reporting you would be a slap on the wrist, but worthy of the injustice you did to my mother...your incompetency is another title to many other names you earned that day!

January 11th, 2016