A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edward Spangenthal:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Edward Spangenthal is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edward Spangenthal, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Spangenthal graduated from Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Syracuse.
Dr. Spangenthal has 20 hospital affiliations:
- Catholic Health System/Sisters of Charity Hospital
- Catholic Health System - Mercy Hospital of Buffalo
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Spangenthal accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 2 plans
- Evercare - 4 plans
- HealthNow New York - 2 plans
- Independent Health - 2 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Fidelis Care - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Edward J. Spangenthal practice?
Dr. Edward Spangenthal practices Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, and Medical Oncology near Buffalo, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Williamsville, NY.
See Buffalo Internists, Buffalo Cardiologists, and Buffalo Oncologists.