Family Physicians

Killeen Neurology Clinic
502 W Jasper Dr
Killeen, TX 76542
254-526-6300
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

by Mary on Feb 18th, 2014

Dr Spencer has saved my life twice. Yes, he isn't a warm and fuzzy doctor but after he gets to know you a bit, he softens up. His job is to save your life not hold your hand. He is very knowledgeable and has a great staff. I've been seeing him for 3 years now. He expects you to take responsibility for your own health. He follows up when necessary and will give you a plan to succeed in your health goals if you let him.

by Phyllis DeAmicis on Oct 12th, 2013

Dr. Spencer was taking care of me for several reasons. I originally went to him for a severe migraine. At that time he put me on blood pressure medication, as well as cholesterol medication. He also prescribed a antibiotic. Several weeks later, on a follow up visit, he gave me a stronger antibiotic, amoxicillin. I did not realize this until I bought the prescription, and got home. It clearly states on my paperwork, in his office, that I am allergic to penicillin. Amoxicillin is derived from penicillin, and I cannot take it. His lack of checking his charts, could have cost me my life. I won't go back, or recommend him to anyone.

|  small business owner  |  show details
by Phyllis H. DeAmicis on Sep 3rd, 2013

I went to the dr. on a Wednesday, unfortunately, I wasn't seen until Thursday, due to their hours. I got there right at closing. On Thursday, Dr. Spencer's staff, treated me courteously. This Dr. acted professionally, and humanely. I liked Dr. Spencer, and his bedside manner was very comforting. I hate to say this, because, it shouldn't matter, but I am 58 years old, and I am caucasian. This man is a gods Dr., and a good person. He will do you right.

|  Rude  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2013

The receptionist ( black lady) is very rude, she answered the phone in a nasty manor and instead of asking me my name she asked "who are you" twice . I went to Dr. Spencer because I don't have insurance , but I would rather spend more money for better service than less for horrible service she has answered the phone several times this way,and her demeanor in person is worse .

|  The Man Graduated from UT Medical School  |  show details
by Raymond Hollabaugh on Mar 3rd, 2013

Yeah he's Black! But if anyone is going to Heaven he is. He's a Country Doctor and shoots from the hip. His bedside manner needs improving, but it improves the better you know him. I'm poor and he charges accordingly. Bless the man! He's the first Doctor that I have been able to afford in 30 years. He is in this business to help people and that is the highest praise that I have given anyone. Raymond Hollabaugh

|  This Man is Good!  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2012

I asked my father once why we did not live well since he was a Dentist. He said that if you want to make money go into banking. You go into this business because you want to help people.Dr. Spencer is a man like my father. Sure his bedside manner may need a bit of work, but the man is trying to make a living. He has about seven assistants to pay. He doesn't have time to make small talk.I don't have Insurance. If it were not for Dr. Spencer I could not afford health care. He exists to practice his art and not to make money.The man graduated from The University of Texas. You have to be one of the top scorers in the State just to be admitted to their Medical School.I am proud to say that Dr. Edward Spencer is my Physician. And I trust him, without question. with my life.R.H.

Dec 19th, 2011

Dr. Spencer has the worst bedside manner I have ever experienced. He acted as if he did not care and that I was wasting his time and did not even ask enough questions to determine the full extent of my medical problem.