Dr. Edward Spencer MD Patient Reviews

• Legal Medicine Killeen, TX

• Good
  • Bad

February 17th, 2015
Not a hand holding doctor, very abrupt but very smart and excellent. Saved my life twice.

February 18th, 2014
Dr Spencer has saved my life twice. Yes, he isn't a warm and fuzzy doctor but after he gets to know you a bit, he softens up. His job is to save your life not hold your hand. He is very knowledgeable and has a great staff. I've been seeing him for 3 years now. He expects you to take responsibility for your own health. He follows up when necessary and will give you a plan to succeed in your health goals if you let him.

October 13th, 2013
Dr. Spencer was taking care of me for several reasons. I originally went to him for a severe migraine. At that time he put me on blood pressure medication, as well as cholesterol medication. He also prescribed a antibiotic. Several weeks later, on a follow up visit, he gave me a stronger antibiotic, amoxicillin. I did not realize this until I bought the prescription, and got home. It clearly states on my paperwork, in his office, that I am allergic to penicillin. Amoxicillin is derived from penicillin, and I cannot take it. His lack of checking his charts, could have cost me my life. I won't go back, or recommend him to anyone.

September 3rd, 2013
small business owner
I went to the dr. on a Wednesday, unfortunately, I wasn't seen until Thursday, due to their hours. I got there right at closing. On Thursday, Dr. Spencer's staff, treated me courteously. This Dr. acted professionally, and humanely. I liked Dr. Spencer, and his bedside manner was very comforting. I hate to say this, because, it shouldn't matter, but I am 58 years old, and I am caucasian. This man is a gods Dr., and a good person. He will do you right.

June 14th, 2013
Rude
The receptionist ( black lady) is very rude, she answered the phone in a nasty manor and instead of asking me my name she asked "who are you" twice . I went to Dr. Spencer because I don't have insurance , but I would rather spend more money for better service than less for horrible service she has answered the phone several times this way,and her demeanor in person is worse .

December 19th, 2011
Dr. Spencer has the worst bedside manner I have ever experienced. He acted as if he did not care and that I was wasting his time and did not even ask enough questions to determine the full extent of my medical problem.

May 6th, 2017