Dr. Edward Tappel Jr DO Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Marietta, OH

3.8

June 7th, 2016
Dr Tappel is caring and considerate.

April 21st, 2015
Dr. Tappel is very competent and knowledgeable. He spends as much time with you as needed so you understand his diagnosis and your treatment options. His bedside manner is excellent and I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

February 23rd, 2013
Incompetent Narcicistic Fool
The first writer is absolutely correct. He has no idea how to diagnose anything. The first straw for me was when I told him that I needed more pain medication and he raised his voice and told me in no uncertain terms that he was the doctor and he would decide if I needed anything at all. He did not give me medication and I was back in the emergency room the next day. The last straw was, again, asking for pain meds and he refused stating that it was not warranted. The next Dr. I saw, Dr. Howe, had the appropriate tests done (MRI, etc.) and diagnosed me with degenerative disk disease involving seven disks in all the spinal areas. Obviously this was the source of my pain. He has me on a regimen of appropriate medications that keep the pain at a livable level. Dr. Tappel is just a bad doctor. The Medicare system should be made aware of this man's incompetence. Let's look at he questions ask that result in "stars." Ease of appointment .. of course its easy, he has no patients. Promptness .. he's just sitting in his office waiting for another fly to drop into his trap. Courteous Staff .. at least they're trying. Spends time with me .. he doesn't have anywhere else to go, no other patients to see. Wait time .. he keeps you waiting, I guess to finish his computer game. This person gets NO stars from me. One is too many.

May 1st, 2012
Incompetent
This "doctor" has all the power and lets you know it. He does not listen and will not give you what you ask for and know you need. He will only give you what he thinks even though you are an adult and know your own body.

May 19th, 2010
Staff
Had problems with follow up from staff on questions provided by Dr Tappel.Reason they stated was the have rotating nurseing staff.