Dermatologists, Internist

100 Ucla Medical Plz
Suite 205-210
West Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095
310-824-6191
Locations and availability (2)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  He is running a scam!  |  show details
Feb 26th, 2014

I took my father to Dr. Tobinick after reading an article in the Sun Sentinel about his "breakthrough" treatment for stroke patients. After sitting in a conference room watching a video of the "miracles" resulting from this treatment, we waited several hours before Dr. Tobinick told us that my dad was the perfect candidate for treatment. They video tape the entire treatment like something revolutionary is happening while applauding the changes they see in the patient, when in fact, the treatment had done nothing to improve my dad's condition! Dr. Tobinick then suggested that my father return for a second treatment so he can reap the full benefits of this revolutionary procedure. Each treatment costs $5,000! In addition, Dr. Tobinick does not even have a background in neurology...he is a dermatologist. This is a complete scam.

|  HE SHOULD BE DISBARRED!!! - SCAM!!! THIEF!!!!  |  show details
Jul 18th, 2012

This seems more like a SCAM than a Dr's appointment!!!!Due to a radio advertisement of his clinic in Boca Raton, FL, I took my mother (who suffered a stroke about three years ago) for a $5 consultation. After showing a video and asking 5 questions regarding my mom's history, an assistant (not a Doctor) said my mom was the perfect candidate" for the treatment. I asked several times what was the cost but I was told the treatment was so unique to each patient they could not tell me the cost without having the neurologist make a personal diagnose for my mother. After paying $400.00 the doctor came in the room and asked questions about where we lived, our profession, employment status (they seemed more interested in our income than my mom's health history!!!!). Then, after five minutes without even touching my mother or checking her vital signs, Dr. Tobinik said she was the "perfect" patient and that each shot costs $4,000.00.$400. too much for five minutes trying to inquire about our finances; $4,000.00 same price for all stroke patients, never got the "personalized" diagnostic; the whole experience a thief wearing a doctor's scrub with total disregard for the hope of ill people and the families... HE SHOULD BE DISBARRED!!!

|  TOTAL NONSENSE  |  show details
Jun 12th, 2012

Dr. Tobinick is a crock. He had "Disc Cure" a number of years ago. The state medical board admonished him for the use of Enbrel to treat back pain. He then used Enbrel on Strokes, then on Alzheimer's disease. All of it is non-sense. There is no literature to support this business. And, oh, by the way, insurance doesn't cover it.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Oct 17th, 2011

I went to the stroke breakthru institute in Boca Raton and consulted with Dr. Tobinick. The medical staff were friendly and attentive. Dr. Tobinick did not rush us. He is very knowledgeable. He spent over an hour making sure that we felt confident with the treatment. Happy to find.

|  Dr. Tobinick has given me my mom back!  |  show details
Aug 22nd, 2010

My mom has alzheimers and was declining rapidly. His innovative treatment has kept her functioning at a highly effective rate, for over three years. She was diagnosed in the moderate category when she started and now tests out mild His staff are all wonderful!

|  show details
Jun 12th, 2010

Total scam!! Do not go to his office - rip off!

|  Doesn't Stand By Work  |  show details
by Charlotte on May 6th, 2008

I went for laser hair removal and it didn't work, and he refused any sort of refund. Don't recommend. More expensive than other places and doesn't back up his work.