Internist, Hospice & Palliative Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
 |  The Best  |  show details
Aug 29th, 2011

20 plus years of great service.

|  trustworthy internist -- follows through  |  show details
Feb 4th, 2011

He listens and makes recommendations as well as follows through on questions asked and follow up visits. He spends an appropriate amount of time to address my concerns.

|  Bad customer service  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2010

Dr. Tokatlian is great but it is hard to get in to see him if anything urgent is going on. I have been with this office for over thirteen years and I always have to wait. The last two times I waited one and one-half hours. The last visit, after waiting that long, the np only spent ten minutes with me and was very rude. She was condescending and dismissive. I am definitely changing offices. I almost always have to call for my test results. The day after I got tests done I called the facility that ran my tests and I was told they were faxed over at 10:21 am that day. I called my doctor's office twice,since I was in severe pain, and twice I was told they did not have the report. They finally called me at 6pm to give me the results. Because of the results I had to make an appt with a specialist but it was after business hours. They were rude and unprofessional. Dr. Tokatlian is fabulous but he has too many other doctors and nurse practitioners working there and not enough help at the front desk.

|  Bad customer service  |  show details
by lovemytime at Citysearch on Jun 30th, 2010 on citysearch.com

Dr. Tokatlian is great but it is hard to get in to see him if anything urgent is going on. I have been with this office for over thirteen years and I always have to wait. The last two times I waited one and one-half hours. The last visit, after waiting that long, the np only spent ten minutes with me and was very rude. She was condescending and dismissive. I am definitely changing offices. I almost always have to call for my test results. The day after I got tests done I called the facility that ran my tests and I was told they were faxed over at 1021 am that day. I called my doctor`s office twice,since I was in severe pain, and twice I was told they did not have the report. They finally called me at 6pm to give me the results. Because of the results I had to make an appt with a specialist but it was after business hours. They were rude and unprofessional. Dr. Tokatlian is fabulous but he has too many other doctors and nurse practitioners working there and not enough help at the front desk.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  Awesom Staff All Around  |  show details
Mar 8th, 2010

I've seen three doctors in this office and two Nurse Practitioners they are all attentive, warm, concerned and accurate. Great place to be a patient.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by Lilly Khalafyan on Jan 28th, 2009

My family, my friends, and of course I, have been seeing Dr. Tokatlian for the last 14 years and every single one of us have not had any negative experiences with this doctor. He is extremely knowledgeable and he is not like other doctors who do not listen to your symptoms and concerns. He has an extraordinary talent and capability of making an accurate diagnosis in a very timely manner. I was thrown around between specialists in Los Angeles, and none of them figured out what was wrong with me, even though my medical issue was within their specialty field, but the first look Dr. Tokatlian had as soon as he walked into the exam room, he knew what was wrong with me, and he ordered lab tests, and they were confirmed. He started me on treatments, and I fully recovered. If I had not seen Dr. Tokatlian, I may have lost my life. I am thankful for his wisdom, knowledge and kindness.

|  Very professional  |  show details
Apr 2nd, 2008

I appreciate how he has tests run prior to the appointment and does not require a follow up appointment (read as $) to go over the results. Most follow up information and prescriptions are done over the phone. His P.A. is very responsive to questions.