Dr. Edward Treadwell MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 11th, 2014
Not Pleased with this practice
I had to contact this provider over a year to try to get treated there. I was told to get a referral, in which I did and then had ALL of my medical records sent to him, etc. All of that only to have the receptionist keep giving me the run-around, then FINALLY someone tells me that Dr. Treadwell reviewed my records and decided that he could not treat me. No one could give me an good reason why he could not treat me for Rheumatology since he is supposed to be a very well seasoned Rheumatologist. I just wasted a lot of time dealing with this practice (over a year) for nothing!!

August 17th, 2013
Run!
This Dr is NEGATIVE- no matter what you say he contradicts you. Told him another Dr had taken me off a medicine because it caused a reaction he said 'No it doesn't! That is impossible!' He argues about your symptoms saying 'That is not true, I know joints and that is impossible' He made bruises on my joints he squeezed so hard. I took pictures and will be writing the board on him. NO NURSE in the room as he roams all over your body in just underwear and gown open in back. Run from this guy! He actually dozed off while he was reading my chart! He argued about politics and religion as well! Two things a Dr should never tell a patient they are wrong about! Arrogant, rude, roaming hands it was just a nightmare!!

March 5th, 2013
It takes 4 months to get an appointment, even as a regular patient. If you are having major problems & need seen sooner, it just doesn't happen. I was seen by him for some time and he would do labwork, it be bad and need treatment but they don't let you know until 4 months later when you can get in. My first visit to him he fell asleep 4 times putting the labwork in the computer. He does do a complete physical and takes his time. He is very dismissive of anything other doctors have said. He seems very behind the times, for example I was diagnoised with shingles by the ER & treated. He said he was 99% sure I didn't have shingles I was too young and that isn't the place you get shingles. WOW!!! I have an autoimmune disease in my 30s and yes that makes me more prone to things like shingles & yes it was classic clusters easily diagnoised & treated by the ER, and you can have shingles on anypart of your body.!! He refused to continue the treatment of my previous Rheumatologist & now my health has deteriorated and my PCM is sending me straight to the Duke Lupus clinic. You will wait months for a regular patient appointment, months to get lab results, hours in his waiting room & he may fall asleep during your visit. He doesn't seem to be current & up to date. He may have been excellent 20 or 30 years ago. His staff is very kind & apologetic for him.

November 14th, 2011
Mrs
Excellent Doctor for Lupus patients!!!!!!!!

February 23rd, 2011
Great physician
I like the fact that he spends time with his patients. It is not like a herd of cattle moving in and out. He is a little slow so you will wait a bit but he is worth the wait. People are in such a rush but you get really good care with him and I would not see anyone else. He listens to what you have to say and is proactive in helping you. He doesn't just pretend to listen and then do nothing like most docs. these days.

November 16th, 2010
RUDE
This Dr. was very rude to me, he would ask a question, and before I could ANSWER he would say thats not right or thats not what the other doctor toll me. He was more in to teaching an intern about a condition that was not what I was there for. I was there to see If I had Lupus. He was talking to the intern about the Heart which she had no idea what he was talking about. He did not help me any, want to do a follow-up in 4 months, I need help now I am in constance pain everyday, I NEED HELP NOW

June 20th, 2017