Dr. Edward Von Der Schmidt III Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Edward Von Der Schmidt III?

Epilepsy

Epilepsy

Get the facts about epilepsy, including the different types, symptoms and causes of the condition.

Have you seen Dr. Edward Von Der Schmidt III?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 9th, 2016

Best Surgeon ever. Very thorough and attentive.

June 26th, 2012

Avoid

Do not waste your time on this physician. Arrogant, overbearing and abusive to staff. Ego exceeds abilities. No male spherical parts.

May 19th, 2011

OUTSTANDING!

Dr. Edward von der Schmidt took care of my daughter with caring and expertise. He is beyond knowledgeable in his field and his compassion is amazing. I would highly recommend him to any patient with neuro-surgical concerns. Thank you for your professionalism and caring.

May 12th, 2011

Avoid at All costs

This person is an ego maniac. His ego is so huge that he cannot properly treat patients. forget about ever getting necessary medical records from this office. He is arrogant, Pontificates to patients, brow beats his staff and is someone to avoid at all costs.

September 18th, 2009

worth the wait

Dr. Vonderschmidt is an incredible surgeon. He has helped me back to the life I deserved. I am better than all the patients I have encountered with my same conditions. He is a great advocate in your overall health, giving me recommendations to top rated drs. along the years. I have traveled over 800 miles to return care with him and have had full access with him at all times when necessary. He has even communicated to my family members with each of their personalities in mind. I am amazed at his abilities and empathy in his care. He fights hard for you as a patient from the day he takes on that role..

August 25th, 2009

Dr. Von Der Schmidt is one of the best doctors

Dr. Von Der Schmidt took me in as a patient when I was critically ill due to some medical mistakes made. I was originally misdiagnosed by previous doctors thus was given treatments that that did much more harm then good. By the time I finally found Dr. V I was suffering from a brain stem herniation and on my first visit he spent well over an hour speaking with me and my brand new husband (I was just 25) and even made appointments for me to see another doctor that he wanted me to see and had an appointment scheduled two days later with this doctor. The morning of the appointment though I awoke very disoriented and knew I needed to get to the hospital. He took care of me when everyone else had given up hope on me. Everyone else felt I was a lost cause and should just be placed in the ICU and kept comfortable until I passed away. Instead he took me to the OR and performed a very difficult and dangerous surgery with both of us knowing that with the surgery my chances of surviving were slim but without I would be dead within a very short period of time. I had lost most of the feeling and a lot of strength throughout my left side and I actually came out of the recovery room breathing on my own and by the next day had full feeling throughout my left side. He has continued to perform tough surgeries on me due a rare bone disease in my skull and is honestly one of the most compassionate and competent surgeons I have ever met and I have met a lot working as a Neurosurgical nurse prior to becoming disabled. He thinks more of his patients and knows when another doctor is better for a certain surgery. He sent me to another surgeon one of my five skull/brain surgeries because he knew that he was more experienced then he was. He help bring me back from a young woman would could barely walk or sit up and spent 24/7 with excruciating pressure headaches and stuck with me through several tough surgeries and brought me to the point with the help of the other surgeon of even being able to safely have children. His office waits have always been long but it is because he spends so much time explaining things to his patients. There were times that I couldn't sit up and the staff would immediately bring me to a room to lay down so I would be as comfortable as possible. I will always have a special place in my heart for Dr. V for saving my life and giving me a second chance at life.

June 23rd, 2017