Anesthesiologist (pain control), Pain Management Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  disappointed  |  show details
Dec 11th, 2013

I am a 29 year old who has being seen at Michigan Pain Specialists for about 3 years for neck and shoulder pain. I started seeing Dr Frydel then Dr Washtenbaugh. I have been through so many different treatments for the pain with them not really looking into what is wrong until recently. I have been through cryotherapy, steroid injections, bursa treatment, pt, massage, pain medication, steroid medications, a referral to a pain psychologist who was convinced I was in pain due to my past sexual abuse, tens units and they even discussed basically blood banking with me. I do t be live that Dr. washtenbaugh or the PA believed anything was wrong with me. On most of my medical records he mentioned that I was on antidepressants. The last draw was when I went to my last visit and after a I had a MRI I was told it was just an inflamed muscle. I knew it had to be.more than that due to the fact that I was in so much pain so I went to see an orthopedic surgeon for a second opinion. In one visit I was.told I have a slap tear and need surgery. I went through so much for a few years to have it turn out the Dr I have been trusting was wrong and I have been going through treatments I didn't need an was made to feel crazy. The staff at Michigan pain specialists are very kind but I think they are more into attempting to treat the pain w /o really looking into it to see what's causing it.

Oct 22nd, 2011

Dr. Washabaugh is one of most caring physicians that I have ever seen. Because of my condition and a misdiagnosis of another physician the pain control stopped working for me. He asked if I was benefiting from the procedure and when I said no he immediately recommended my seeing another doctor who might be able to help I highly recommend him because of his expertise and his sensitivity.

Sep 3rd, 2010

Dr. Washabaugh is a kind and considerate doctor

Jul 16th, 2010

My back pain is gone! Dr. Washabaugh gave me my life back. I have to come back for injections every couple of months but it has kept me away from surgery and pain meds.

Jul 15th, 2010

Dr. Washabaugh is an excellent Doctor. He has gave me back my life again after a car accident. I Have recommended Dr. Washabugh to several people.

|  AMAZING  |  show details
Jul 14th, 2010

Best pain doctor ever. Puts you first, listens, helps. Fits you in and responds quickly.

|  Zero compassion  |  show details
Jun 14th, 2010

Dr. Washabaugh needs sensitivity traning! As does D. Provencher.

Mar 11th, 2010

Dr. Washabaugh changed my life. My knees have kept me depressed for 7 years and I finally have been pain free. His procedures have honestly changed my life. If you read this Dr I reiterate my thanks!

May 22nd, 2009

It would seem like a doctor who specializes in Pain would have more compassion.

|  Helped chronic pain  |  show details
Sep 22nd, 2008

Helped with my pain after no one else could