A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edward Wittels:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Edward Wittels is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Wittels
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Wittels Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edward Wittels, MD is board certified in Hematology and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Blood Disorders
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
Education & Awards
Dr. Wittels graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn.
Dr. Wittels has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Women and Infants Hospital of RI
- The Miriam Hospital
- Rhode Island Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Edward Gerard Wittels MD is a male Hematologist, has 40 years of experience and practices in Hematology and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Edward G. Wittels practice?
- Dr. Edward Wittels has 1 office location.
Dr. Edward Wittels practices Hematology and Medical Oncology near Providence, RI.
See Providence Hematologists and Providence Oncologists.