Dr. Edward Yavitz MD Patient Reviews

March 3rd, 2017
Very satisfied with all aspects of the treatment and Lasik surgery. Outstanding results!

October 27th, 2016
Professional yet personable, Dr. Yavitz has been caring for my vision needs nearly fifteen years. His attention to your well being and satisfaction is evident every time you see him. In today's hurried world and lack of concern and pride, it is truly refreshing to have someone who cares. I feel wholeheartedly, that Dr. Yavitz can and will satisfy any need you may have, and is highly recommended. Trust and peace of mind is no small matter,... Dr. Yavitz and his staff will provide it!

October 24th, 2016
Lasik Surgery
From start to finish, the whole process was professional, efficient, and painless. I had the appointment and surgery in the same day, and after napping for a few hours immediately after the surgery, I went out to dinner that same evening and already had most of my sight back, with a just a little blurriness. Would recommend to all family and friends

March 7th, 2014
Mistake
Had RK years ago, it was mistake, had many enhancements , I lost clear vision, could not pass drivers eye test and lost commercial license, Would go back to Dr. Yaviz who would say nothiong is wrong it has been a terriable mistake that has changeds my life for the worse

March 7th, 2014
Had RK by Dr Yavitz 20 years ago. Eyes are so screwed up now that there is nothing that can be done. Cannot have Lasik because Dr. Yavitz kept doing RK "enhancements" and now there is so much scarring on the corneas. I was told my best hope is for cataracts and get implants. Never told about long term effects of having RK done. Vision keeps getting worse and worse. Almost back to where I started.

November 7th, 2013
Great experience with LASIK surgery
From the time I entered the door until the time I left after my post surgery check-up I was very satisfied with Dr. Yavitz office. The lady at the check-in was very helpful and quickly got me registered and answered my questions patiently. A few minutes later the technician took me back to do the qualification testing. She was very competent and made me feel very comfortable and really seemed to enjoy working with people. The optimologist that answered all my questions and recommended me for LASIK was very kind and reassuring. And finally the surgery with Dr Yavitz went very well. He is a true professional and i wouldn't hesitate to recommend friends and family to him for eye care needs.

May 23rd, 2013
Excellent
Very experienced and competent.

January 9th, 2012
Paul Chermak
Excellent at solving a very difficult situation with my vision and now I am able to see 20/20 with his skillful treatments

July 20th, 2011
Disappoi nted with last visit to him - see below
Have gone to Dr. Y for over 20 years - was a wonderful Dr. but my last vsit was terrible. His staff very efficent, but he has changed from a very, vary caring doctor to a "I don't need u anymore" attitude. Waited 45 minutes for him to come in, no acknowledgement that I was even there - just atarted to write a script and that was it. Not a word to me re the condition of my eyes. This also happened a friend of mine - I thought she was wrong, but apparently not! What a GREAT doctor he was - but boy has he changed.

March 16th, 2011
Mrs
B CAREDUL OF THE PROMISES... MY HUSBAND IS NOW BLIND IN ONE EYE. ALWAYS GET A SECOND OPINION FROM A RETNIA GUY.. SERIOUSLY THIS GUY IS OUT FOR YOUR $$ ...

May 4th, 2009
HERO
HERO! There is no other way to describe my estimation of Dr. Yavitz. He arrived in Loves Park sometime after 1982 and in the first year of his practice, he treated my 8 year old daughter for a severe burn on her eyelid caused by a curling iron. After 3 days in the hospital, she was dismissed with perfect vision! So when I needed cataract surgery, there was no one else I would trust! We talked briefly about my daughter, who he remembered. He is nice man and an excellent doctor!