A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edwin Ahrens:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Edwin Ahrens is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edwin Ahrens, MD is board certified in Dermatology and Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Acne Rosacea
Education & Awards
Dr. Ahrens graduated from University of Cincinnati.
Dr. Ahrens has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Norton Hospital
- University of Louisville Hospital, Division of Plastic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ahrens accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Anthem - 2 plans
- Bluegrass Family Health - 2 plans
- University Health Care Inc., dba Passport Health Plan - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Edwin M. Ahrens practice?
Dr. Edwin Ahrens practices Internal Medicine, Dermatology, and Family Medicine near Louisville, KY.
Additional practice locations include: Taylorsville, KY and La Grange, KY.
See Louisville Internists, Louisville Dermatologists, and Louisville Family Physicians.