Dr. Edwin Camiel MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.3

December 19th, 2015
I highly recommend Dr. Camiel!
Dr. Camiel is a very experienced and highly knowledgeable Psychiatrist. Up-to-date on best practices in the field of psychiatry and guided by evidenced-based research, Dr. Camiel regularly sites new study findings when prescribing medication and has even provided me with copies of the studies he sites. Recovery oriented, person centered and working off of a strength-based model, Dr. Camiel has become an indispensable part of my treatment team. I highly recommend Dr. Camiel for treatment.

November 23rd, 2015
Overall very dissatisfied with my experience with Dr. Camiel. He is a very poor clinician. He did not take the time to talk to me, even when speaking to me he did not give me his full attention. He is not actively trying to reorganize his differential and attain a proper diagnosis, he simply gives you another drug to try in order to make sure you leave the room within 5-10 minutes. At no point was I ever able to call and ask an administrative question to him and he stated multiples times he would call back and never did. He did not actually care about my well being. He simply wanted me to show up at my assigned time and then leave when asked to so he could collect money for his appointment. Please do not see this man, there are better clinicians out there who actually care and are proud of their work. You have a better chance at successful treatment if you go elsewhere.

May 12th, 2015
So glad I don't have to see him anymore
I was more suicidal coming out of the office than I was when I came in.

January 17th, 2015
Cold
I found Dr. Camiel to be quite cold, insensitive and inflexible. In essence, he is "boneheaded".

December 31st, 2014
I Don't Know...
Dr. Camiel has always been kind to me. I realize he's not everyone's cup of tea but he's helped me and that's all I can ask for, really. It must be a hard business, listening to everyone's problems day in and day out. I'd recommend him because he's always been good to me. (Totally agree about the wait time, though. I waited an hour the last time I was there.)

May 5th, 2014
I wish I could give 0 stars.
DO NOT see this man. He should not be working in the mental health field at all. He made many absolutely SHOCKING comments that were insensitive and offensive. I have seen many medical professionals and while Dr. Camiel maybe have the education to be considered a professional, he is the furthest thing from it. I have heard complaints from several other patients of his. I should have taken their advice before seeing him, I hope anyone reading this takes mine and finds someone else!

April 14th, 2014
Robotic, uncaring, everything a psychiatrist shouldn't be
Initial visit with Dr. Camiel lasted 15 minutes at most. This was my first visit with a psychiatrist in my life and he spent almost no time trying to help me work towards a place to start. Didn't listen to my answers to his questions and talked at me the entire time. Awful doctor, clearly has mailed it in at this point in his career.

December 11th, 2013
Impersonal, disrespectful of your time
Dr. Camiel has zero respect for patients time as I have routinely waited up to an hour to see him. His appointments are always overbooked. Once you finally do get to see him he is extremely aloof and impersonal. He will not look you in the eye and just asks basic questions without ever trying to delve into the issues. When I confronted him about constantly running late he totally brushed off my concerns like it was no big deal. He's as pompous as the come. Find another doctor.

September 17th, 2013
would not recommend
Have been going to the Paoli office for a couple of months and it has been a VERY frustrating experience. It is common to be placed on hold for over 10 minutes, to have my call transferred between several people and finally dropped. They never sent a bill after 3 months then wanted full payment for 3 months worth of visits - which they then overcharged me! There is a total lack of professionalism with the doctor and the staff. I went here because they accept my insurance but will be finding another doctor. It is far too aggravating dealing with this office.

August 6th, 2013
Do NOT go to him
He is absolutely HORRENDOUS is staying on schedule. Total wait time for my appointments have been from 15 mins to an hour. He is completely disrespect of his patient's time. Do yourself a favor and find another doctor.

July 24th, 2012
Biggest waste of time and money.. PERIOD
Had a 1:15 appt. with Dr. Camiel. At 1:30, I saw him enter the office area and eat a slice of pizza in plain view of the entire office. At around 1:40, he came into the waiting room, called my name, and led me back to his office. Oh, let's not forget the fact that he didn't even introduce himself to me, the first time I had ever experienced that total lack of professionalism. Rather than ask me to explain my history or even why I was there, he read off a list of questions in which the possible answers were no more then 4 words, diagnosed me as bipolar, wrote 3 prescriptions, (did not bother to ask if I was taking any other medication) and told me to follow up in 1 month. When I asked about evaluation for A.D.D. (which was the primary reason I was there) he sarcastically told me "diving into that subject at this stage would be similar to a heart attack patient asking what foods he should cut from his diet as he is laying in the E.R." I was literally dizzy with confusion when I left his office, and when I approached the main desk to check out, I was asked when I would like to schedule a follow-up. I informed the receptionist that not only would I never see that Dr. again, but I would like to file a complaint against him. Her reaction was that of someone who had heard that complaint 100's of times before and she calmly informed me that I would have to speak to Dr. Hartman (the medical director) regarding my experience. I promptly called Dr. Hartman and left a voicemail requesting a meeting to discuss my experience, and was never contacted. Even though this experience took place over 2 years ago, I can honestly say that I will never forget the horror of my time with Dr. Camiel and the Philmont Guidance Center.

May 25th, 2011
Very impressed!!!!!
First of all, we were there early so he took us early.Secondly, after spending 30 minutes it was clear he had a excellent understanding of the issues at hand on our first visit.I would recommend this doctor to everyone.