Pain Management Specialist, Anesthesiologist (pain control)
Video profile

by Melvis Dominguez on Sep 21st, 2016

He is an excellent, very professional.

by Theresa Ginsburg on Jul 20th, 2016

Dr. Rivera is upfront and honest and takes his time with you on your visits.

Veteran/army show details Veteran/army
by clifford k wood on Nov 9th, 2015

What I Like Most about Doctor Colon He makes the visit pleasing and my fear of Doctor's overcome by his calming voice and bed side manner good. His staff also is good

Terrible bedside manner show details Terrible bedside manner
Oct 7th, 2015

Doctor Edwin Colon was hostile towards me from the moment we shook hands. I have never been treated so poorly by anybody in my life. Even the most disgruntled DMV clerk on a bad day would be considered polite compared to Dr. Colon's bedside manner. After about five minutes of speaking with him I asked him why he was acting so hostile towards me; we just met and I was a brand-new patient. He said I was suspicious because I was paying cash. I explained to him that I have a $12,000 deductible and an HMO, and if I'm going to have to pay it anyway I would rather choose my doctor and pay cash. After explaining to him that I did not want to go on heavy narcotics for my pain, He abruptly stopped me and told me he would not prescribe me anything that wasn't on his list and if that wasn't okay with me we should stop our conversation immediately. I agreed that he was the doctor and knew more than me and asked him for his recommendation. He then prescribed to me Oxymorphone and Soma. When I asked him about facet injections he simply said that was up to me. I asked him to tell me more about the facet injections and he very rudely said "I think I've spent enough time with you already" and walked away. I was shocked at the way I was treated, and the fact that $500 cash would not get me a friendly consultation from this doctor. I took his prescriptions and left. I have not and will not be filling his prescriptions because I do not want to be on narcotics and I'm currently seeking treatment via facet injection elsewhere. His judgment and treatment of me was completely uncalled for. I came from work in business attire are brought my medical records and was forthright with all the questions that he asked me. The truly bizarre part of the whole experience was being treated like a drug seeking criminal and then being prescribed extremely strong narcotics. I can't wrap my head around the contradiction. On a positive note his office staff was very friendly and it was easy to schedule an appointment. The wait time was also reasonable.

Jan 18th, 2013

He's a great dr. But the wait time in the room, and in the waiting room is at times very long.

DR. COLON AND STAFF show details DR. COLON AND STAFF
Oct 30th, 2012

THE DESK LACKING IN MANNERS.NURSES ARE GOOD AND CARING.DR. COLONAND OTHER DR.'S ON HIS STAFF ARE WONDERFULL LISTENING TO YOUR PAIN NEED AND FINDING THE SOURCE OF YOUR PAIN AND TRING EVERY THING TO MEET YOUR NEEDS.

Sep 17th, 2012

Dr. Colon is very edgey!! He tries to belittle patients along with staff members. He also never returns phone calls when I was admitted into the hospital. I wouldn't waste my time there ever again!!

Knowledgable but limited show details Knowledgable but limited
Sep 21st, 2011

Only thing that bothered me was that he didnt prescribe a certain medicine I had been on for some time. Not because it was a bad medicine, or medically wrong for me, but because it was politically incorrect with current Florida media coverage of pain clinics.