inactive

Edwin Dejesus MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.7

June 6th, 2016
Excellent Doctor never had a more compassionate doctor and excellent Doctor.

April 27th, 2016
F.Y.I.
I wanted all of your readers to know what a superb physician Dr. DeJesus is. He runs the Orlando Infectious Disease Center in Orlando Florida. I have been a patient of his for 6 years. From the first appointment until my last Dr. DeJesus and his staff are a team of professionals, caring, non-judgemental, and they are experts at their craft. Some will say , well their suppose to be, that's their job. Well, caring and compassion, kindness, willingness to go above and beyond the call of duty, are not written in any book, or on any piece of paper. They come from the heart. It starts from the top and has a trickle down effect. Dr. DeJesus and his staff saved my life, and they will care for you, the same way that they cared for me...................... Thank you all so very much, you gave me back my most precious gift, my life, and I thank you for it. Mike

February 9th, 2016
My Lifetime Doctor
Let me start off by stating that my Husband and I have had Dr. Dejesus as our Infectious Disease Doctor for 17+ years, so long history. I will never be able to convey what an amazing Doctor he is from so many perspectives, but I'm going to try. My name is Anthony and I have been HIV+ since 1995. When I first started to see Dr. Dejesus he was very reassuring that we will get everything under control health wise. He started by sharing information and getting me personally involved with my heath as well. His "team" approach is not that of a traditional Doctor. He truly empowers you. Throughout my treatment as newer, more effective drugs emerged he constantly kept us ahead so that my immune system functioned optimally and minimized any issues that the medication created. He is a nice, funny, and a person you want on your team when it comes to your health. His staff is UNREAL!!! Any issues or concerns we have had throughout the years have quickly been addressed by a phone call. No matter where we have resided over the past 17+ years(Atlanta, Fort Lauderdale) we NEVER considered changing Doctors. I have recommended Dr. Dejesus to many individuals for testing and services, they have all shared my opinion of Dr. Dejesus and the OIC Team.

August 8th, 2015
Love the whole staff and Dr. Dejesus really cares about his patients!

August 4th, 2015
Dr. DeJesus is on the cutting edge of HIV treatment. He truly cares for his patients and wants the best specific treatment for each patient that will provide the best outcome.

July 28th, 2015
Four Month F/U 07.15
The OIC staff are courteous, pleasant, and efficient. Dr. DeJesus is very knowledgeable and obviously thoroughly trained in infectious disease management. He explains the rationale for answers to my questions and I leave the office feeling confident that any issues have been fully addressed.

July 9th, 2015
Cutting edge physician in research and treatment.

August 4th, 2013
After dealing with a serious chronic problem for 15 years, seeing many specialists, having constant lab work and various tests, after my initial visit with Dr. DeJesus my husband and I knew I was finally in the right, competent hands. He actually listened to me, reviewed the numerous pages of documentation I had brought him which ranged over a 15 year span, kept what he thought was pertinent, and in detail explained next steps for further testing and an overall plan-- that was just by the end of my first appointment! When I returned in two weeks, he reviewed test results with me and my husband, outlined a plan and set me up with one of his NPs to get enrolled in a clinical trial. I am more than thrilled to say I am 5 months post treatment and one more round of lab tests away from possibly being cured! My experience has been nothing but easy and wonderful. His staff to whom I have become quite close to over this past year and a half have been the utmost professionals who are some of the most caring, kind and considerate healthcare professionals I have ever encountered and that extends to the front desk staff as well. I highly recommend his practice for anyone dealing with the need to see an infectious disease specialist. What was once like looking down a dark tunnel has turned into bright light at the end and I attribute this solely to Dr. DeJesus and his team of experts, especially Jeffrey Garett, NP and Beth Bryant, CRE.

March 10th, 2013
best doctor ever
When he came to my defense and made me feel like a person not just a number.

January 24th, 2013
A very good doctor that helped me alot.

September 24th, 2012
Dr. DeJesus Saved My Life!
Dr. DeJesus and the Staff at OIC literally saved my life!My Primary Care physican discovered my t cell count was below 50 and immediately referred my to Dr. DeJesus. They were able to fit me in the very next morning, got me in a study which helped pay for my medicnes and helped with valuable research.THANK YOU FOR SAVING MY LIFE! I will never forget this :)

August 1st, 2012
Brilliant doctors and amazing staff
Dr. DeJesus has been my doctor for about 12 years now and he and the team at OIC have literally saved my life. They are an amazing group of people and Dr. DeJesus is probably the best specialist, in this field, in the world. Between the research he and Dr. Ortiz conduct and their world wide presence in this field, there is no better doctor.