Psychiatrist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Apr 23rd, 2014

About as happy with Dr. Hall as I have ever been with any psychiatrist I have ever seen. He is flexible and available which I like because I work unusual hours. His staff is helpful and can typically assist me with any problems with medication refills and what the insurance won't pay for, so that way I don't have to wait to hear back from him.

by Gonzales on Nov 25th, 2013

Dr. Hall's bedside manner is exceptional. I have been in and out of various doctors offices for various reasons over the years and have yet to find any one more personable and compassionate. I am very satisfied.

|  deadly  |  show details
by Maxine Greene Wilson on Nov 14th, 2013

It has been years since I last saw Dr. Hall and I'm still trying to overcome the lethal effects of his over prescribing. Stay away from him. He's poison and he'll poison you. A quack.

|  Good psychiatrist  |  show details
by Big family on Oct 4th, 2013

Dr. Hall sees me, my spouse and our children. We have been patient's for over 5 years and have always been very happy with him. It is easy to get an appointment, the office environment is very relaxing, the staff has always been very helpful and Dr. Hall is a very nice man with a lot of knowledge.

|  Happy  |  show details
Aug 23rd, 2013

I couldn't find a psychiatrist in the all the greater ABQ area that would get me into an appointment as soon as Dr. Hall's office. Many practices I called said they had waitlists, some as long as a year! What is going on here??? I was able to get in to see Dr. Hall within a week and a half after his office staff verified my insurance benefits. He's as good as doctor as I have ever met. And like one reviewer on here already said, he is giving you a "higher" dosage because he wants you to be able to save some money (read: cut the pill in half!), take the medication the way he INSTRUCTS you to! Its not that hard to understand and as some of my medications are pretty pricey I am very grateful that he would do that for me. He also helped me get in with a therapist, I can tell he is very well known in the psychiatric community.

|  Good doctor  |  show details
by Patient on Aug 7th, 2013

Good doctor

|  Great doc  |  show details
by Zman on Jul 16th, 2013

I am very glad to have found Dr. hall. Being a geriatric patient, more doctors than I can count have turned me away, stating they "don't feel comfortable treating patient's my age". I'm a senior, I'm not dead! And I do have psychiatric issues which need to be addressed just as much as someone half my age. Dr. Hall saw me as a new patient within one week of my first call. He discussed with me and very carefully weighed the risks and benefits of medications that could help me. We also discussed holistic alternatives, including juicing, vitamin supplements and meditative practices, all of which I am very open to. I would definitely recommend him as a doctor.

|  Very happy with Dr. Hall!  |  show details
by Sunshine on Jun 17th, 2013

Dr. Hall is a very well read and knowledgeable psychiatrist and that is definitely something you don't find with many psychiatrists in Albuquerque. Two other psychiatrists I have seen have treated me with suspicion and disrespect simply because I ask questions regarding their prescribing and treatment approaches. Dr. Hall engages in conversation with me and always answers my questions without condescending to me. I have seen Dr. Hall for three years and I could not ask for a better psychiatrist. Beware of bad reviews you read on here and other sites. I truly believe that these are written by mean spirited folks who aren't getting and/or hearing exactly what they want.

|  catastrophic consequences of poor decision-making  |  show details
Mar 1st, 2013

lingering effects of over prescribing. quack

|  Personal Care  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2012

Dr. Hall is a caring professional. He looks wholistically at your situation and let's you be a partner in your own self care. He uses both traditional and alternative therapies but always gives you a choice. He has been in Albuquerque a long time and knows where all the resources are for mental health and general wellness. If you are the kind of person who prefers to make your treatment a partnership and like lots of choices, then Dr. Hall would be a good fit.

|  Most Excellent physician  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2011

Dr. Hall has made a real difference in my health care, and I'm so thankful to have been under his care these past few years. He is very thorough in his approach, and integrates different therapeutic modalities in his practice that have been of great help to me. His knowledge, expertise, genuine concern and kindness make dealing with health issues much less stressful. He takes time each visit to make sure he has addressed all my concerns. I have multiple health issues, and have seen many physicians, but Dr. Hall stands out in my opinion, and I would most highly recommend him to anyone seeking Psychiatric services.

Aug 31st, 2011

Good doctor. Very helpful.

|  He's here to help you  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2011

I love Dr. Hall because he listens to what *I* want. I'm tired of Dr.s telling me what i need. Yes, he prescibes a lot of meds, but it's up to YOU to fill them or throw them away. research your conditions, if he gives you a prescription, take care how it affects you. After trial and error, we got me on the right meds. "right" meaning, they helped me get to a point where i didnt need them anymore. Where *I* could make the decision to stop taking them. Other doctors freak out and try to tell you how to take everything and yell at you if you tweak things yourself. I'm not here to be yelled at and told what to do. for people crying "he over prescribes", have you ever cared to think 1 months dose was doubled to help YOU. i.e. 1 month is really 2 months, or 3? he's not going to say that, but don't be such puppets. Take control over what goes into your body. Nobody is pushing anything on you that you didn't ask for. I had an Rx filled in January and i still have ample supply. It is now the end of April.

Feb 15th, 2011

Pusher man right. After being over medicated for years to toxic levels...with mental health becoming worse and pysical health failing finally quit this doctor. I know am recovering physically from damage done from all the high dose meds I was on. My current doctors are in disbelief of the amount and dosages I was on and consider me lucky I am still here to talk about it. I was weened off all the meds and am and doing better mentally now than when I was seeing this doctor. Beware. Even my current doctors agree

|  Get Off Your Phone, Please  |  show details
Nov 21st, 2010

On my second appointment, after sitting around in the waiting room for about 30 minutes, Dr. Hall brought me into his office and sat me down, when his phone rang. He apologized to me and answered it. Long story short, he spent 15 minutes talking to his daughter on his cell phone about the possibility of her having caught the Epstein-Barr virus... with me in the room the whole time. Talk about uncomfortable...

|  Very impressed  |  show details
by Joyce on Jul 17th, 2010

This was my first visit and I was impressed right away. Has has so much knowledge and is thorough in finding solutions to problems. I feel like he's one of the best doctors I've seen in years.

|  Definitely worth it  |  show details
by justpeachy on Jun 3rd, 2010

Dr. Hall is the best psychiatrist I have come across in 20 years. He listens carefully and discusses different treatment approaches not just medications - very knowledgable about alternative/holistic treatments. His staff are wonderful, each is an adovcate for the patient in their particular area of expertise and all are very polite young ladies.

|  a good man is hard to find  |  show details
by grateful on May 8th, 2010

dr hall is good He knows a lot and gives you what you want. He's staff is real nice. I like him.Beware the messenger behind the message

|  Wonderful doctor!  |  show details
by numberonewithme on May 5th, 2010

Dr. Hall is a knowledgable and personable professional. He is up to date on new treatment approaches and medications and his demeanor makes you feel comfortable in disclosure. His office staff is amazing! They are always courteous and will go out of their way to educate and assist with problems, and do their best to make sure patients are satisfied.

|  I'm your pusher man  |  show details
by Haliburton on May 1st, 2010

Hypothetical only:Want stimulants? Want depressants? How many? Hey, want your drugs at maximum dose without the hassle of waiting? Then he's your man. But beware, what he giveth, he may taketh away.Or if your lucky, you can be weened off his drugs in a mental institution.The above remarks are fictional and hypothetical. They are not to be taken seriously and are not accusatory, nor do they necessarily apply to this doctor. Maybe the above remarks refer to the generic "psych(o)."

|  good at his job  |  show details
Aug 18th, 2009

helped me within minutes and will go out of his way for those in dire need

Jun 4th, 2009