Dr. Edwin Keel MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 18th, 2012
There are plenty of doctors in Oxford pick another one
I took my daughter who is 6 in to see Dr. Keel and while the nursing staff was on top of everything and got her in to triage within 20 minutes it was a different story once we got into the room to wait on the doctor. We had to wait in the room over an hour for him to come in and see her and he did not even have her labs results. I requested to know what her WBC was and he stated "I do not have it written down but I will get it for you" Needless to say I did not get the reults. He spent less than a minute examining my daughter which presented with multiple sysmptoms and as I was trying to explain her symptoms to him he was steadily walking out the door before I could continue explaining everything to him and ask questions. He bedside manner and rudeness is unexceptable behavior for any doctor. Then I proceeded to the check-out counter and was told that I owed $139 for services for that day (I have a $3000 deductible on medical care OOP before insurance kicks in but am not required to pay at time of service until the charges are billed to my insurance and the charges are acceptable to them and I receive an EOB from my insurance)and then I pay the doctor directly. They then inform me that they have changed their policy (keep in mind I myself was just in a month earlier and did not pay anything and waited for the bill). I then proceeded to get the charges for the day and the office visit was $95 whereas a week earlier they were $77 at which time I brought that to their attention and she said that he had gone up on his charges. To me this seems like insurance fraud because he is uping his prices for those who have to pay OOP to get more money. I will never again use this doctor again and I will tell everyone how horrible my experience was.

April 18th, 2012
Dr Keel at Oxford Office off HWY 78
I had a terrible experience here. I waited over an hour & he saw me for about 3 minutes. When I was going to ask a quesion he walked out. I will never go back & am very disappointed in the quality of his practice.