Dr. Edwin Liu MD Patient Reviews

March 25th, 2017
Great Neurologist

September 17th, 2016
Very caring Doctor
We have been seeing Dr Liu for 8 years. Very happy with the doctor and staff. They are always trying to improve your experience. Even though they are a very busy office, I think they are extremely efficient and caring.

May 21st, 2016
My kid loves this doctor
Not common that your child looks forward to going the going to the doctor's office but my kid asks to go here. They know it won't hurt. The doctor and staff are very kid friendly and he always gets "a treasure"...sometimes it's the little things in life. I know my child is getting the best treatment in the area. We have tried other neurologists and they don't even compare. I read another review and I have never waited more than hour, so I don't know what they are taking about.

January 4th, 2016
Best office
This was one of the most kid friendly offices I have brought my child to in a long time. The staff are all very good with children and do special little things to make them more comfortable. I was seeing another doctor in the area and am very happy we switched. Dr. Liu spent a lot of time with me and answered al my questions. I like knowing they are on staff at the hospitals and there are other doctors in the group that can see my child if needed. Overall great experience!

November 5th, 2015
Good
Saw Dr. Liu in the Jupiter office. Wait was minimal (5 minutes). The EEG room is small and messy, but the EEG tech was nice; my son was comfortable with her. Dr. Liu was friendly. I did leave though still having unanswered questions about my son's concussion. It was kind of a weird experience overall.

June 1st, 2015
Great experience
Nice office. I see Dr Liu in port St lucie. It's so convenient. Not many specialists are up here for kids. The staff is very kid friendly and I feel like my child finally for the help they need.

January 17th, 2015
Great Doctor

August 21st, 2014
Great doctor
Clean office. Appointment was scheduled pretty quickly. Doctor was very knowledgable. Average wait time- 45 min.

April 12th, 2014
Clueless
It seems as though no one in this office has a clue to what is going on. Brought my daughter in to get a video EEG machine connected to her. Was told it would be on for 48 hours, until I drove an hour back home(after 2 hours of getting it connected because all of their equipment was broken) to find out it had to be 72 hours. One of the cords came loose, I called the answerig service 3 times to finally get a call back and the dr says, I'm sorry I am unfamiliar with that machine. I will have someone else call you back. What??? Are you kidding me? Are you not the dr???? I'm beyond frustrated and will not ever return!
Doctor's Response

We can certainly understand your frustration and are sorry for your inconvenience. Our practice has been performing long term ambulatory video EEGs for over 8 years and has the most experience in South Florida. We also have extensive experience with hospital based pediatric long term video EEGs at 3 of the largest pediatric hospitals in Palm Beach county and the Treasure Coast. We will not deny that whenever technology is involved, there are occasionally malfunctions, although it should be noted that these can occur with either ambulatory or hospital based tests. Fortunately, these are uncommon and it has been our experience that the majority of patients still prefer the convenience and advantages of not having to stay overnight in the hospital. We are constantly upgrading our equipment to ensure that our patients have access to the state of the art diagnostics and, in fact, have just recently upgraded to our 4th generation all digital video EEG equipment. We do understand, however, that none of this is necessarily any consolation to you or your daughter and it is always our policy that the patient comes first. We again apologize for any inconvenience it caused you.

March 18th, 2014
Really cares about his patients
Dr. Liu spent quite a bit of time with us explaining all the details and making sure we understood our treatment options. We like that he is available 24/7 and has seen our son when he has been to the ER.

July 29th, 2010
Been With Dr. Liu for Many Years -
Dr. Liu won us over when he came in on the first appointment and sat next to my son on the exam table, asked his name, and spent the first part of the appointment building a bond with him while doing an exam. Then he came over to us and talked to us in a direct, layman way. He takes his time to think about the question before he just blurts out an answer. He has earned a special place in my families heart and he see both of my boys now. I really thank God for Dr. Liu.

September 22nd, 2008
Invisable doctor without a cause
If your looking for an understandable answer to why your child has seizures, don't look here. After many ER visits, this doctor still hasn't a clue or an explination for my childs seizures. The staff is full of excuses why the doctor is unavailable, and takes 3 hour lunches.. Don't call, don't write, don't even send smoke signals- this doc won't talk to you.