A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edwin Melendez:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 1 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Edwin Melendez is Poor.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edwin Melendez, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Hand Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Melendez graduated from University of Puerto Rico, San Juan.
Dr. Melendez has 13 hospital affiliations:
- CHRISTUS Spohn Memorial Hospital
- Corpus Christi Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Melendez accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 8 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Humana - 19 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Edwin C. Melendez practice?
Dr. Edwin Melendez practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand near Corpus Christi, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Beeville, TX.
See Corpus Christi Orthopedic Surgeons and Corpus Christi Surgeons.