Dr. Edwin Pan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

January 7th, 2016
Wonderful OB
Dr. Pan is a wonderful OB and has delivered two of my children. He is friendly, attentive, and intelligent. He is always generally concerned about his patient's welfare and his staff is equally friendly and helpful.

November 4th, 2015
Best Dr
Dr Pan delivered my daughter in 2012 and I'm seeing him now with baby #2. I fully trust him and feel he's extremely thorough. His staff is very nice and knowledgeable as well.

October 28th, 2015
Exceptional Service!
Dr. Pan was recommended to me by two friends that had him as their Obstetrician and I am so glad they did. He is exceptional, very warm and pleasant. I was super nervous and disappointed to be having an emergency c-section but he helped put my mind at ease and the surgery was very successful and now I have a very healthy baby despite her being 6 weeks early. Thank you Dr. Pan. p.s. His staff at both office locations are very professional and pleasant as well.

May 28th, 2015
Fast kind man

October 22nd, 2014
I don't recommend if you want a more intimate experience
At first I was okay with Dr. Pan and his care. As I began to learn more about pregnancy and delivery. I had questions for him. I realized that he was not educating me on the process. He only did the basics. I guess I shouldn't have expected otherwise. On my last visit with him I asked about his rate of episiotomy. He told me that he does it 99% of the time. When I questioned him about why that was he told me that I had a small vagina and that it was my first baby so it would be necessary. I disagreed. There are many first time mothers who don't require it. I told him that I would like to give birth naturally. It seemed as if it was a joke to him. The last straw was when I asked how long I would have to give birth naturally before he would give me a C-Section. He said 2-3 hours. I was astonished. I switched to a midwife at Bronx Lebanon Hospital immediately. I couldn't be happier. She's so caring and really takes the time to answer my questions. She isn't short with me. She even gave me her personal phone # and provided me with resources that could answer any questions I had concerning pregnancy and child birth. I really don't recommend Dr. Pan if you really seek to have a true understanding of the process. I just felt as if he was completely disinterested in me and my baby. I was just another patient.

June 4th, 2013
Dr. Edwin Pan is a highly qualified, caring doctor
Dr. Pan has safely delivered two high risk pregnancies, without a single complication. Dr. Pan was always caring and insightful, never rushed. His staff has always been courteous and his office has been clean at each visit I've had (over 30-40 visits spanning 2.5 years). My two boys were transverse breech (developed sideways/horizontally in the uterus) and needed to be delivered via c-section. At each visit before the birth, for all 10 months, Dr. Pan explained how the pregnancy was developing with full detail to ensure I was aware of my progress. On the day of my surgery, he met me in my room prior, and soothed my nervousness. He even was there to calm me while I was being anesthetized, receiving my epidural. The incision was perfectly made and healed amazingly--there was nothing to worry about. The nurses in the hospital all know Dr. Pan's c-section incisions because they "are the best" so they say. He came to my room, in the hospital each day I was there to observe my healing. I would never consider seeing another doctor for any OB/GYN care, other than Dr. Pan. Without reservation, I recommend Dr. Pan and his office staff for the absolute best care in Westchester and the greater NY region.

April 1st, 2013
Unhappy patient
Dr Pan is a wonderful doctor who cares about his patients. However his staff in the mount vernon office office are rude and condescending towards his patients. This is disturbing being that dr pan is very respectful and caring with his patients.

September 11th, 2012
thanks
my visit went well every time I'm there thanks to the staff and Dr pan on till next time..keep up the good work

May 3rd, 2012
Heartbroken
I suffered several miscarriages under his care. Although nature does take it course, I was felt my concerns were never addressed. For one, I was never referred to a perinatologist, even after asking. Secondly, the causes were never looked into or followed up with blood work. I quickly switched doctors when I became pregnant again, and was immediately referred to a perinatologist and am under close monitoring. They immediately took every precaution necessary. Something that should have been done from the beginning. If you are a high risk mom...RUN!

December 29th, 2010
Awesome !
Dr Pan has delivered all 3 of my boys ! Each one was a different adventure. He kept us informed throughout, and he is not a doc which is quick to start a C-section. He wants to make sure you deliver normally with little to no complications.

April 8th, 2010
Dr Pan is great~
Dr Pan answered all of my questions and helped me through teh anxiety pf having my first child. My daughter was born by C Section and he took good care of us during and after.

October 29th, 2009