inactive

Edwin L Robles DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 19th, 2015
Thorough Doctor Who Really Listens
I would definitely recommend to a friend. Dr. Robles and his staff were all friendly and prompt. The doctor listened to my concerns and followed up on each and every one. I'm in my sixties and their philosophy in treating their patients' reminds me of when doctors knew and cared for the patients in their entirety and were not just a number or an "appointment".

March 20th, 2014
promised followup not provided; calls, eportal message not returned
I had earlier seen another doctor at the same location about a UTI. Because that doctor did not respond to calls regarding repeat testing to determine if I should stop or continue taking the antibiotic (and I wasn't allowed to come in for a repeat urinalysis without seeing another doctor), I made an appointment with Dr. Robles (the doctor to whom I was assigned because neither my PCP nor the doctor I earlier saw had any open appointments). He listened to the problem and said he'd contact me the following Monday about the urinalysis result. There was no response on Monday even with calls to the office and eportal message. I was called about a week later by a person from his office to say I should see my primary care physician. She told me nothing about the test result or if I should continue taking the antibiotic. Quite awhile later, while still on the antibiotic, I found that the urine had never been sent for testing. Had they been honest, I could have had the test redone sooner and have been off the antibiotic sooner. In all that time, the germs were gaining resistance to the antibiotic. I was on the antibiotic up to three times longer than needed. Instead, I had to make an appointment with a nurse practitioner (no appointments available with my primary doctor or any doctor for 30 days, I was told). The office staff said they couldn't make the doctors respond to messages. The urinalysis showed no infection. During my visit with him, Dr. Robles seemed like a good doctor but completely lacked essential, promised, honest follow through.