A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edwin Ryan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Edwin Ryan is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edwin Ryan, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Macular Degeneration
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Ryan graduated from University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Minneapolis.
Dr. Ryan has 18 hospital affiliations:
- Fairview Southdale Hospital
- Essentia Health – St. Marys Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ryan accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- HealthPartners - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Medica Health Plans - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan
- Security Health Plan of Wisconsin - 7 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Edwin H. Ryan practice?
Dr. Edwin Ryan practices Ophthalmology near Saint Cloud, MN.
Additional practice locations include: Saint Paul, MN and Minneapolis, MN.
See Saint Cloud Ophthalmologists.