Dr. Edwin Spencer Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 31st, 2017
Shoulder Replacement
Upon learning that I needed a shoulder replacement, I was scheduled to go see Dr. Spencer.I had been in a lot of pain for quite some time and was not sure how much longer I could deal with it.On my first visit with Dr.Spencer I was assured that he would be able to correct the problem I was having.Since my surgery,I am completely out of pain.He and his assistant, Jeff Jarnigan,are both very professional and very gifted.I could not ask for a better team! Will highly recommend them to everyone!!

February 14th, 2017
Great dr
Very knowledgeable 10

October 21st, 2016
Great doctor
Had a second shoulder replaced by doctor Spencer and I am amazed at the job he did. Almost no pain and getting along great. The first one he did is almost 6 years old and I couldn't be happier. Great doctor and I also believe him to be a great man!

September 11th, 2016
total shoulder arthtoplasty
A most caring, sensitive, modest specialist. I has absolutely no pain with the surgery.

April 29th, 2016
So grateful
I drove from Asheville NC after hearing how good he was after 3 failed rotator cuff repairs.I was in bad shape and had to have reverse shoulder replacement surgery. He spends as much time as you need explaining before, during and after.

January 6th, 2016
I have been seeing Dr Spencer for over 3 years and I would never consider having anyone else but he do my surgery. His staff is very prompt and courteous. Jeff Jarnigan his PA, is wonderful as well

September 10th, 2015
I was so pleased with his work on my right Shoulder that he will be doing a total left Shoulder replacement.

May 19th, 2015
retired teacher
Excellent doctor. He was professional, compassionate, and up to date on latest medical procedures. He performed a reverse shoulder replacement. He also performed an elbow replacement. I have full range of motion .

February 12th, 2015
Ive would have saved alot of money if I would have just visted some random man on the street, and he probally would have shown more concern than he did
Dont waste you time, he will not take you s/s seriously, to cocky

January 24th, 2015
FIRST CLASS
I was looking for a shoulder Dr. in the Knoxville area. I was given Dr. Spencer's name. I did some research online, and came across this site . I wanted to post something after our visit. This Dr. is incredible and has a wonderful staff. We felt very important, he spent adequate time with us as well. He explained my diagnosis and treatment. I was given a folder and his card to call back if I had any questions. I made a decision to have surgery 4wks ago . It was the best decision ever. He is very caring called me after my surgery to check on me. (what Dr. has time to do that?) I will give his name to everyone I know. I wanted to comment on a post I read. Dealing with YOUR INSURANCE should not affect your decision on this Dr. he does not control approval. I had a wonderful post-op recovery!!!!!

October 22nd, 2014
PATIENT
DR. SPENCER WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL IN EVERY FACET OF MY SHOULDER REPLACEMENT. HE IS PATIENT, CARING AND VERY SPECIAL IN HIS APPROACH TO SENIOR CITIZENS !!

October 6th, 2014
Exceptional
The office visit was the best I have had anywhere in a long time. Dr Spencer was very informative, his bedside manner was amazing. He answered every question with very understandable answers. He did not rush, He did not treat me like I was a bother. He made me feel comfortable and was very attentive. I would recommend him to anyone. He tried a different approach to my problem and it worked and I am feeling great. I can not say enough good things about him.