Dr. Edwin Teehan MD Patient Reviews

January 7th, 2015
He is a very caring physician that listens and makes sure he gives the best medical care to his patients.

September 12th, 2013
This doctor is really great i would recommend him to my family memebers. He spends time with you and his office staff is awesome blonde hair lady and the surgical coordinator were really helpful =)

August 26th, 2011
Im here today because of Dr Teehan
I was rushed to the emergency room in pretty bad shape. All my vital signs were bad and I had gangrene spreading in my body. Thank God Dr Teehan was there with another patient. He never saw me before, but ordered tests and hooked me up to IV's and got started on me right away. If it wasnt for him I would not be here today. He saw what was wrong with me and he followed my progress for 9 months and recommended other doctors who could also help with my recovery.God bless this man and his wisdom. I will neverforget what he did for me.

September 13th, 2010
I will never visit Dr. Teehan again. I was informed by the staff at St. Joseph's Hospital at 5 PM that I had appendicitis and it may burst if I don't have it removed soon.I was also informed that Dr. Teehan was on his way to perform the surgery.Dr. Teehan did not mosey into the hospital until after midnight. Six days after the operation I was in terrible pain and felt extremely nauseous. I went to visit Teehan who was more interested in his hour long personal phone call then discussing my well being. Three days after the visit I phoned Teehan's office to find out if he knew what was causing my pain and nausea.I was told by his staff in a rude manner that he was on vacation and there was nobody there who could help me. His staff member also stated that my blood work was fine. That same day I went to the Valley Hospital ER and was admitted. Blood tests showed that my white blood counts were over the top. A Cat Scan showed that I had 3 absceses in my stomach. I needed immediate surgery or I could have died.
Doctor's Response

Doctors cannot guarantee what time they can get to a hospital. There are other patients who are under my care, at other hospitals. There is always another surgeon covering my practice if I am unavailable. My staff does not give test results over the phone without my consent, so since I was on vacation my staff was unable to check with me, therefore results were not given to this patient over the phone. Each patient recovers differently from surgery.