Dr. Edwin Villalobos MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 18th, 2016
Excellent as Usual
I've been seeing Dr. V since 1999. When he moved to NPI I didn't know what to expect. Well, first, I still saw Carol my PA, and an efficiently run office. Sure, they had their bugs at first, but now they work as the perfect team. Love Them. Dawn!!!

September 20th, 2015
Pain-free and pill free! Who knew it was possible?!!
Wish I had known this wonderful doctor years ago! I could have been free of my debilitating pain all this time - without pills !!!

January 29th, 2015
Excellent Doctor and Staff
Dr. Villalobos is very caring and through.

November 5th, 2014
Limited interest in patient's general well being.
Very difficult to talk with. Does not seem to appreciate questions.

March 31st, 2012
A very compassionate doctor and caring staff
I have been a patient of Dr Villalobos for several years. I have ALWAYS found him to be a caring, compassionate doctor at the same time being very professional. His staff I find to be very friendly, wonderful and caring. IF you are considering using Dr Villalobos then you need to be ready to follow his recommendations and treatment plans with medications and follow up treatments. Also be ready to be drug tested at anytime. I would not consider any other pain doctor. Due to Dr Villalobos wonderful medical knowledge and dianostic skills he was able to diagnosis my problems when other doctors could not. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND him to anyone that is having problems with chronic pain.

July 19th, 2011
Very pleased
In the two years seeing Dr. Villalobos there has been no problem getting an appointment, waiting time short, staff have be professional. I have a syrinx (diagnosed by NS),...diagnoses is new for most doctors. He has spent time listening and answering questions. I go for pain management as that is the only option for me.

November 11th, 2009
Dr. Villalobos and his PA are competent professionals. However I question his judgement when he allows members of his staff to abuse his patients. Last visit receptionist made a patient of over 2 years wait 1 hr 30 min to be seen because the patient was 12 min late for her appointment. The receptionist got off on a power trip forcing the patient to continue to wait despite the fact that another patient offered to let them take their appointment. Do not go to his office unless you can be early to every appointment otherwise the receptionist gesto will be after you. Perhaps Dr. Villalobos can dispense a new drug to combat the pain inflicted by his staff.Honesty and care of the patient does not seem to matter to Dr. Villalobos. Receptionist was dishonest and malicious.

August 15th, 2009
Knowledgable
The doctor can be pleasant, he definitely has a temper. I much prefer his P.A., she listens more attentively and responds with choices. There have been several times when he argued with me because I asked about options, I think dialogue is important, it is my body that is impacted by the drugs, he is prescribing. He is not always receptive to this. Due to finances, I asked for a generic for many months, he refused, one day, I told him I would not be filling my RX's because I had to buy food, I got a generic! Why did I have spend 20X more per month? He doesn't know I worked in the Healthcare industry, I know Drs. get "benefits" for prescribing Brand Names. Yes, I do know that some work better for some people, yes, but in my case, the generic works fine so why did I have to ask for months spending money I didn't need to?