Dr. Elena Koles MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.8

October 1st, 2009
Not a good doctor
Let me start with my small irritations about this doctor. The receptionist/nurse is very unprofessional, unhelpful, and unpleasant. In dealing with my child with special needs she seemed to have zero knowledge or experience, and acted annoyed. As for the doctor herself, she seems more interested in her own time then mine or my son's. I sat in her reception area waiting a half an hour past the time of my appointment while she carried on with a personal conversation in her office. Once in the office, she was very quick in her recommentations and not able to provide many answers to questions without checking her books. She ended our appointment by simply standing up prematurely and saying goodbye when another person she new entered her office. After seeking a second opinion from two other doctors, both were in contradiction to what Dr. Koles recommended. One of the doctors even stated that a test we spent money to have performed was completely useless. In my opinion, if you are looking for answers for an autistic child, Dr Koles might as well be selling magic elixer at the roadside. There is nothing special to offer in her supposed talents or opinions. My last bit of irritation came when my insurance would not pay for the two visits we had to this doctor. 3400 dollars for two visits that were less than an hour each. Feel free to do the math, but it all adds up to a rip off.

May 26th, 2009
Not a good doctor
This doctor is very unfriendly and extremely defensive when it comes to questions. Not very knowledgeable either.