Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
 |  the Friendly Giant  |  show details
by S. Galley on Sep 24th, 2013

When I first met Dr. Truumees I was advised that they referred to him int he office as "The Friendly Giant". That is a perfect description - he is really tall and has enormous hands. He was very caring and understood that the pain that I was in needed ot be ended quickly. Within one month of my first visit with him I was ready to have the operation that relieved almost all of my pain. Pain that I had been suffering with for more than two years, but had been trying to ignore. I would recommend him to anyone suffering from low back pain. He is great!

Jun 15th, 2012

Fantastic doctor. Very caring and compassionate. Explained surgery and what needed to be done better then any other doctor I have ever been to. His P.A.'s are also very efficient and very informed on what is going on. Only complaint that I would have to say is that Dr. Truumees could get a better nurse to assist him in the office. She is hard to understand and is very rude.

Nov 15th, 2010

Dr. Truumees belongs to a large practice and sees many patients daily. I found him to be quick on the office visit and say the same thing each time, not really listening to how my sypmptoms had changed/progressed. The last time I saw him (and decided it would be my last) I was basically given the canned response and dismissed. I do not care for the desk staff at the Bloomfield office. The rest of the staff is fine.

|  Excellent physician!!  |  show details
by L. Herring on May 4th, 2010

I can't rate Dr. Truumees any higher than I already have. I was diagnosed with a medical problem rarely seen all at one time involving my entire spinal canal. If not for his expertise, time, patience, and research, I personally believe I'd not be walking now. He tackled each new problem and figured out the best way to handle it. I went from walking perpendicular to the ground to walking as straight as he could possibly make me. He has saved my life in more ways than I can ever explain here. My multiple conditions and his expertise have put him and I in medical journals, and he uses my unique case as a training tool for new physicians. Even though 7 back surgeries, one a year for seven years, isn't fun, I'd never trust another soul but Dr. Truumees to work on me. I love him to death!

|  unworthy of trust in my health  |  show details
May 1st, 2010

The man is morbidly obese and has a god-complex. Horrible personality. Based on his personal care, I would not trust him with my health and decided to seek care elsewhere.

|  Spent More Time  |  show details
Aug 6th, 2008

Dr. Truumees spent much more time with me than other spine specialists I've seen in the past. He is very knowledgable. I am much better after my surgery.

Oct 24th, 2006 on yahoo.com

less than adequate: He Preformed 2 surgerys on my mother and both failed. Another surgeon has been consulted and he would not have done them the way this doctor did. Also exhibits poor post op communications and 2 to 3 hour wait times in an exam room befo

Read Full Review at yahoo.com