Dr. Effideen Ameerally MD Patient Reviews

3.0

• Good
  • Bad

March 8th, 2016
I would have given zero stars but review would not allow
I have worked in the healthcare field for over 20 years and I went to this Dr because it was close to my home and due to a change in my insurance plan. I needed a new referal to see a Urologist. The office was BEYOND dirty; the bathroom had what appeared to be feces on the toilet and wall, there was blood and urine on the toilet seat. I was asked for a urine sample and I asked the assistant if it mattered that I was on my period, she said no. I was given a cup with no seal and when I requested wipes to get a clean catch I was told they had none. Upon entering the exam room I noticed that the paper on the exam table was dirty when I pointed it out and the woman pulled it off. I asked "don't you change that with each patient" and she said "no we change it as needed". The exam room was equally as dirty the bathroom. While I was waiting I could hear the Dr. yelling at the front desk woman about not being able to get through on a phone line, he yelled "you are stupid do I have to do everything?". The Dr. then entered my exam room; he was unprofessional, and rude. I started to advise him that I was needing a referral to see a Urologist and he asked me if I was a Dr. I said "no?" and he said "then why do you think you need a referral to a Urologist?" I explained my history of kidney stones to him and he said "your urine was clear and had no blood in it" I advised him that I knew for a fact that it did because I was currently on my period (and I had seen the blood in my urine) and he cut me off and stated "I can't understand your whiney whispery voice". I then just told him that this was my voice and he said "you might get a new one". At this point I was done and I told him that I felt he was a very rude and unprofessional man and I informed him that I had never been to such a disgusting Dr office and he opened the door and asked for one of his assistant's to come in and he stated "come back in someone else was complaining" and he them left the room telling his assistant "I hate these people". His assistant apologized and told me "sorry he can be difficult". Difficult is not the word disgusting would be more fitting. If you are searching for a Dr. this one should be removed from your list. And if you have seen him in the past please report his behavior and the office atmosphere to your insurance company as I have.

December 7th, 2015
Ameerally combines head and heart
Dr. Dean is a caring and wise physician. He has a wonderful "bedside manner." He knows his stuff.

April 23rd, 2015
Great Doctor
Dr. Ameerally is a great doctor very knowledgeable, compassionate, great listener and caring doctor. He always give s me plenty of time and his treatment is outstanding. I have been seeing him for almost 13 years. I have auto immune disease and I always go there very sick and he always makes me better. Always give me hope to live and look at the positive side. His diagnosis are great as well. He send me to specialist as needed and does labs and stuff as required. Very intelligent and loving man. I am very impress with his new office, very spacious, peaceful clean with great parking in a huge parking lot he owns or lease as well. I am handicap and they have always plenty of spacious handicap parking for me. I have started taking my two boys and a girl there. They are well taken care under his professional care. My husband just passed away he has never met him but he gave me enough time to listen to my crap and genuinely sympathies with me. God Bless you Dr. Ameerally

March 10th, 2015
ex patient in less than 1hour
Unprof. Rude no compassion staff mouthy doubt staff qualifacions poor performance

April 30th, 2014
Dr. should retire...horrid
This Dr. was lucky I didn't slap him. Upon walking in to the exam room he barked at me that I was sitting in the wrong chair and my daughter who was sitting on the exam table was in the wrong place although she was the patient. Then when trying to explain to him that my daughter might have pink eye...He told me to "shut up and let my daughter speak for herself". He asked about doing a pap smear, then with no explanation,he started to lift my daughters shirt and berate her for not being on prescription drugs for bipolar. Didn't want to hear that she had sever allergic reactions to most prescription drugs. My daughter fled the room crying,I gave this idoit a verbal lashing. I feel sorry for the staff....lady in the waiting room told my daughter she was the 6th person to flee his office crying that morning (our appt was at 10:30)The nurse was mortified, actually had to convince my daughter to come back and get the culture from her eye, even though the nurse had never done it before.

February 18th, 2013
horrible
Extremely rude. Condescending. Antagonistic. How does this guy stay in business?!?! Filed a formal grievance. Wished I had seen these reviews before. Would have known to RUN not walk away from this supposed dr.

June 14th, 2011
would never recommend this doctor to no one. extemely rude and staff is as will.

June 1st, 2011
worst doctor!
Red head upfront is the worst! Dr iis horrible. Staff hates him. Place is so dirty.

May 16th, 2011
Don't go here
I chose this clinic b/c it was close to my house but I will not be going back. 1) The woman at the front desk with red hair was incredibly nasty - when I went to pay with a credit card for my deductible, she told me that they only took cash or check; I asked why I wasn't told over the phone about this b/c I don't carry cash, she told me "no one listens anyway" and told me to go across the street to Walgreens and come back with cash, then she turned around and went back to her work. She was incredibly rude in general. 2) Although the clinic allows walk-ins, my appointment was at 2:45, and I wasn't seen until 3:45.3) The inside of the clinic is dirty - although the building is older, it is not clean inside - the floors were covered in dirt and the whole place felt unclean; when I was leaving the room they put me in, the nurse escorted the next people inside, and didn't bother to change the paper that's put on the examining table. 4) I can't say for sure, but based on the room and the general lack of cleanliness, I got pink eye, and I'm pretty sure it was from there. I am going back for my results but will not be going back again, and highly suggest if you have to go, carry sanitary wipes or something, since they do not seem to care.

April 28th, 2011
Rude
He treated me like I was a lower life form. He was not nice to me until I snapped at him informing him I was a human and I was in pain and it didn't help when he treated me like a idiot.

April 13th, 2011
Never again he's horrible n even admitted to me he hates is job n I should take over for him cuz I'm studying medical the absolute worst Dr ever

October 29th, 2010
don't
waited 3 hours !!!!!!!! in a waiting room where there's no public restrooms with what looks like to be a crowd of drug addicts.dr has poor knowledge. will never go back.