Dr. Eghierhua Ugheoke MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

September 18th, 2015
Worst experience I've ever had at a doctor's office. Went to schedule a colonoscopy and you don't even get to see or meet the Dr. for any type of consultation. Big waste of time. I would rate this Dr. with ZERO stars if it were an option.

July 10th, 2015
Hater of You Getting 2nd Opinions
Beware ... nurses are extremely rude and unprofessional! Got extremely upset when informed about a second appointment with another local GI and over the recommendation provided by him for another needed test. Nurses stated Dr. Ugheoke would not consider perfoming that recommended test and told to go back to that GI instead of him. Not allowed to discuss the matter with Dr. Ugheoke. Had to deal with his rude and unprofessional.

December 15th, 2014
cool
awesome

August 10th, 2012
Caring staff, Great Doc
1. Efficient, and HIGH quality - allows you as much time as needed (obviously within realistic limits), and I'm so glad I've finally got a great Gastro!I'd heard elsewhere that the office had long waits at appointments, but compared to most others, it's actually an average wait time, often less than - of course I might be scheduled at 'just the right time', but out of a handful of visits, none seemed outrageous lengths at all. If you don't often visit a doctor, and specifically a Specialist, it's hard to gauge what a "long wait" really is. If you see a lot of doctors, over time, then you understand they all have varying degrees. This office is definitely within my "completely reasonable" range, especially for the level of care I receive. I needed a gastro, and was referred to Dr. Ugheoke. I was nervous, as I've had a few bad eggs in the past regarding gastroenterology. Not to worry! He's wonderful and really seems to tailor care to the patient's needs rather than order unnecessary tests 'just because'. 2. He knows his stuff, and certainly made me feel confident in his abilities. He's incredibly polite, very good at taking time to answer your questions, and allay your worries. He's quiet in demeanor, and I don't know about others he sees, but: I've spent more time than I care to with doctors and due to illness, so in my case I learned to ask docs to be frank with me, and using fewer laymen's terms. Unlike most physicians, he wasn't at all put off by that, nor by my asking for specific information, and having a short discussion on a more detailed level than most would typically ask.3. He's patient enough to let you write down what you need, and explain it more in depth if necessary. He speaks softly, yet with better English than most people I know. Yah, he's foreign, but don't let that put you off from having a high quality doc! His accent doesn't affect the ability to understand him and in fact is a rather soothing tone. Unless, of course, it's an odd medical term I haven't heard - then out comes the pen and notepad with request for spelling. Note: That's *not* due to his accent, it's because I don't know the term he used, or what it means; so he's happy to explain it. If you're new to seeing a specialist or gastro (I was scared, my first time, for sure!) here's a couple notes to think about, helps make all Doctor visits a little less scary and a little more empowering:A.) The caveat here is that no matter the doctor, or accent, or specialty - you'll always hear terms you need to write down and ask a definition for, so don't be afraid to speak up. For any doc visit, anywhere, never forget to take a pen & paper. Even if it's just for your annual. Ask them to repeat it and spell it if you don't know what it is - heck, even if you think you know what it is - so many terms and medicines these days sound alike and are easily confused. It's your money, your appointment, and helps you do a better job of taking care of yourself. B.) If it's not mentioned, always ask if you need a follow-up appointment, or what to do if medications aren't working.C.) Consumer Report's Survey a year or two ago stated that doctors overwhelmingly applauded patients who brought questions with them, and wrote things down - it made them more confident that the patient would go home with good information. And over 95% liked it when they had that notepad, and also if they had a family member who could help remember things or at least be the note taker. It really makes a difference, and I walk out with answers, instead of more questions or regret from not remembering the 'right' things to ask. As a tip - After jotting any questions or symptoms so I have it all ready before hand, on the next page I list: What? Why? Next? Why? How? Why? What can I change? Why?These remind me, during the appointment, to ask about: What's next, or what the issue is/comes from; how to deal with it or how it occurred - even how to take meds - anything and everything. Most important of all - Why - like a three year old, it's a refrain. Why does it help/hurt? Why do I need this or that? Why does whatever do which? Or just plain "Why?" It's okay to ask, politely of course, as with any professional you're doing business with. It's the most helpful question that can get the most bang for your buck in understanding the Whats and Hows and Such.

May 3rd, 2012
Very good listener. Concerned and caring physician who took time to explain my condition to me in a way I could understand. Called me at home to check on me and make sure I was doing OK. Very satisfied with his manner and methods.

October 5th, 2011
good review
I came to see him and he listened and thoroughly checked me. I am going back to him again for another appointment after seeing him the first time 5 years ago.

August 22nd, 2011
Very professional
Dr. Ugheoke cared for me in the hospital for my pancreatitus. He was very nice and always answered any question I had. I would highly recommend him.

December 13th, 2010
Dr. Ugheoke
I felt very cared about by the staff and Dr. Ugheoke. He is prompt and fully present for any questions or concerns. I've had other colonoscopies when I woke up I had pain and discomfort. With Dr. Ugheoke I feel like nothing ever happened, I trust him and plan my future colonscopies with him.

August 3rd, 2010
rude doctor
My father-in-law will not be going back to this doctor. He was the most uncaring and rude doctor I have ever seen!

June 1st, 2010