inactive

Eileen B Kahan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.8

April 28th, 2016
A Horror
This doctor failed to respond properly in an emergency. She was covering for another incompetent doctor who had become mentally impaired but was still practicing.

April 22nd, 2016
Horrible experience. Abusive doctor. Didn't have enough time. Not sure why she has a medical degree or legal ability to practice medicine.

March 4th, 2015
Extremely helpful and kind. Excellent follow-up and quality care.

August 3rd, 2011
Ms.
Dr Kahan gave court testimony regarding longstanding sleep disorder problems to a divorce court regarding my employability as I had not been able to work because of headaches causing me to see a neurologist in the past, chronic fatigue, anxiety and depression from dealing decades earlier with a husband with bipolar problems, unremitting sleep disorders for over a decade and a history visiting many clinics, psychiatrists, endocrinologists, periodic weakness, heart palpitations, arthrologists and so forth. She testified in court that I should not work until getting psychiatric treatment for two years at which time I should be fine as I have advanced degrees. She never told the court that it was possible there might be an as yet undiagnosed source of sleep disorder which ultimately turned out to be neurologic problems due to apnea for which antidepressant medications were contraindicated as these caused serious side effects such as worsened headaches, weight loss, disorientation and so forth and ultimately neurologic lyme disease, something easy to miss as the symptoms may mimic other common symptoms such as cardiovascular or MS type autoimmune phenomena which have to be ruled out. I was economically distressed to begin with and winding up functionally bankrupt post divorce with children to raise and no relief from her therapy, she later sued me in small claims court for the additional $900 I owed her, a great distress as I no longer had money for continuing legal counsel and once running out of money for much medical care. I had been threatened by bizarre phone calls each time before court and this was something a treatment professionals or the lawyers should have mentioned even if police could trace the sources but I could not be told as they had to come from the same source three times in a row for them to tag a caller.I am sure Ms Kahan intended well by her treatments but unlike someone I had seen about a decade earlier to deal with my ex husband at the time, she needed to have known about PTSD and also that it is not easily treatable and not solely treatable with antidepressants especially if the patient is showing atypical reactions such as cardiac seizure or weight loss when one only weighs 115 lbs to begin with. PTSD is more treatable with eye movement desensitization which I later got, but it may also be intractable under the conditions which triggered it in the first place. Moreover lyme disease of itself triggers anxiety and low level depression in many people, either endogenously or perhaps because of the fatigue and weakness MS and other neurologic patients experience, which threaten economic survival. Dr Kahan did state to the court that I should not work for two years at which time I would be fine, but she also did add that if not, I should not work, something all the parties in the divorce seemed to fail to hear including the judge who awarded only two years of alimony and then dumped a full home refinanced remortgage on me which my husband a few years earlier had told the banks was to be for extensive home addition and badly needed renovations. I thus got nothihg in divorce on the actual balance sheets and in fact less than that because there were unaccounted home repairs, all this and no accounting of a five million dollar estate trust on my ex husband's side which could have been evaluated as he always had the right to borrow from it, although this fact was hidden from the court.