Dr. Eileen Smith MD, PA Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

November 29th, 2016
There are no words
I've been seeing smith for 2 years now. 8 never usually write reviews, but I have to about this because it is other people's mental wellness at risk. Everything was perfectly fine until she started switching medications. I explained to her that I was experiencing truly uncomfortable symptoms making it difficult to go to school and do everyday things. So I kindly told her staff I was going to find another doctor. Couldn't find one so I called back because I was running low on my meds. She told me the only way she would see me is if I apologized to her and the staff! I was being courteous by letting them know I wouldn't be a patient anymore. I still have no idea what to apologize and currently looking for another doctor. I've been putting up with the wait I understand that's part of it. She's also incorrectly wrote my prescription birthdate wrong several times. I definitely wouldn't recommmnd her. She doesn't really care about her patients....

September 30th, 2016
True professional who cares about patients and has staff to back her up.
I have been seeing Dr Smith for 6 months now, and cannot express my gratitude in words. Dr Smith is an incredibly intelligent and knowledgeable doctor. Based on the level of care that I've received from Doctor Smith I can say that she truly cares about her patients well being. While you may spend some time in the waiting room, it's for good reason, ams worth the wait. I have had five minute maintenance sessions, but more recently experienced a severe mental crisis. I certainly spent more than my allotted time, but she's was able to pick up on my crisis as soon as I walked in because of the way I spoke and expressed myself. It shows the attention she gives to patients. I moved to Austin and still make the sometimes bi-weekly trip into SA for my appointment. I would also-ran continue to see Dr Smith evening if she's were not in network with my insurance. I have full confidence in her decisions as a medical practitioner, which is not something I can say about only one other. If you are interested in an in and out pill mill, this is not the place for you. If you are looking for true therapy and recovery, I cannot recommend Dr. Smith highly enough.

November 24th, 2015
Health hazard to any patient (office staff)
Diagnosis was given an average because I can not say I was given an accurate diagnosis or an inaccurate one, the doctor said she thought I was bipolar then said I was not bipolar. Appointments are difficult to get, and the office staff is incredibly incompetent. The staff is extremely rude, When you walk into the office READ carefully all the disclaimers and notes on the window. Do you really want to go to a doctors office and be treated poorly by the staff, over charged and if you dare to complain about the error be told "if you dont pay this amount you will not be seen" You pay the incorrect amount because you need treatment and try to get them to fix it later. It will get fixed, but if you are not independently wealthy and can not afford to pay 3-5 times what you are supposed to pay upfront and hope for a refund in a timely manner do not go to this office. Promptness is a difficult one to rate, Do you want to see a doctor who rushes you out? You will wait a minimum of 1 hour to see this doctor sometimes as long as 2 1/2 hours after your scheduled appointment time. Do not call the doctors staff to warn them you will be 5 or 10 minutes late, they state you have to reschedule and charge you a no show fee. Just go into the office and wait your usual 1 -2 hours, if you point out you are late you will be charged for it. Dr. Smith is a very likable Doctor, despite the frustration I have with her staff I would recommend her. Unfortunately I can not cope with the way her staff treats me every time I go to the office. There is absolutely no excuse for that, not even an apology when they are proved wrong about billing. My last appointment was pretty much the final straw for me, I told the receptionist she was billing me incorrectly she said I was wrong and that it was due to errors on their part in previous treatments. I tried to explain this to her again, she insisted she was correct. I paid because again I needed treatment. Not more than 15 minutes after I left the office she called and told me I needed to come back because I was correct and the charge was wrong and I needed to pay it immediately. Find another doctor, Dr. Smith may be a great doctor but it will not benefit your mental health to see her staff. Regarding follow ups after visit- NEVER ONCE GOT A CALL on a follow up.

October 5th, 2015
Stay away
Wrecked my world from over medicating me. Did the same to my wife. Please stay away.

March 2nd, 2015
complaing about this doctor to the AMA is the only way she's gong to be rebuked---she abuses her authority and lies while doing it-- using her office staff to do and lie about her dirty work!

March 2nd, 2015
unethical
after not getting back with me about a me for over a month-aout a med-I complained and she "fired" me. the letter said she would only give me meds in an mergency for 30 days----hard a heck finding a new psych I have reported her to my iinsurance and eventuraly the AMA

July 17th, 2013
Ridiculous
Her staff is rude and uncaring I came in to my appointment having missed the previous one and was told that my normal $20 co pay would be added to $75 for missing my previous appointment. I was unaware of this prior to coming in and only had $75 on me which the staff said they would have to ask her and see if she would still see me. She refused to see me without paying the full $95, even though I offered to pay her next time the $20 difference. The staff told me that I couldn't speak with her about the matter because that would be considered as a visit and unless you pay you can't see her apparently. So I told the receptionist that I was moving soon and it would be hard for me to drive an hour and a half to come see her. I then told her that I would have to come back and reschedule when I had the money after I moved. I then got a letter in the mail days later informing me that I had requested to withdraw from her care, which I did no such thing. It went on to say that she would be available for 30 days for emergency RXs and the transferring of my records. I was very clear when I told the office staff that I would have to come back in a couple days when I had the money, but apparently they decided to inform her that I requested to withdraw from her care. Ridiculous! Unprofessional! Side note: I wanted to be rude in return for the way the office staff treated me but I held my tounge and treated them with respect.

April 24th, 2013
HORRIBLE! INCOMPETANT! DOES NOT CARE!
Dr. Smith has to be the WORST doctor I have ever met. I have read so many reviews about her spending too little time with patients which led to a misdiagnosis, and wrong medications being prescribed. That is my story. "Dr" Smith told me I was depressed and OVER medicated me. By the time she fired me as a patient (and her extremely stupid, rude and unprofessional receptionist told me, not her), she had me on 80mg of Paxil nd 6mg of Ativan - which I learned from my next psychiatrist is TWICE THE THERAPUTIC LEVEL AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. Why did she not notice that? She switched my mecication around so much, then dumped me. I ended up hospitalized and finally found a competent, caring doctor who properly doagnosed me. I am now stable and on only 1 medication instead of FOUR as she had me on at one time. The "referrals" her office staff gave me, out of 3, were: 2 inpatient only clinics and 1 doctor not seeing new patients. I was very sick and unstable at the time, and missed my appointment. One would think in this field doctors and their staff would be more understanding about the mistake. Then, to top it all off, the wanted to charge me nearly $100 for my new doctor to access my records!! Is that even legal?! There's a reason this monster is always taking new patients AVOID HER LIKE THE PLAGUE! She will not spend nearly enough time on you which will absolutely lead to problems. Dr. Jorge Maldonado has a waiting liost but he will spend plenty of time, and is only a phone call away with any issues, and tries to keep his patients on as few medications possible, with the lowest theraputic dose. DR. SMITH SHOULD HAVE HER LICENSE TAKEN FROM HER, HER MISTAKES MAY COST SOMEONE THEIR LIFE!

February 22nd, 2013
Don't even bother, she surely doesn't.

October 30th, 2012
I wish I would have
I wish I would have read these ratings before.I wish I never went to this doctor.I wish I still had my $350.00 for doctor visit,$500.00 for one medication (that made hair fall out)and $200.00 for other medicationMedication that I'm off now and feel so much better.

July 17th, 2012
Dr. Smith was kind, listened, and spent as much time with me as needed. Prior to seeing Dr. Smith, I had not seen a psychiatrist for some months, and was in desperate need of a new direction in my treatment.We talked about treatment options -- I had misgivings about her initial suggestions -- and she was more than willing to accommodate me, though she did also increase the dose of my anti-anxiety medication to keep this new treatment in check. I believe I had a good experience because I gave Dr. Smith something to work with. Be clear about your situation and don't be afraid to ask questions. She was more than happy to answer mine, even scientific ones. For the record, I haven't been this close to remission since I first became excessively depressed and withdrawn at puberty.

July 10th, 2012
Family member of patient
I was encouraged by my doctor to speak with Dr. Smith about my husband's mental deterioration and concerns and how best to proceed. Staff member said that under no concern would Dr. Smith talk with me. I was not asking for information but rather trying to provide information that could be helpful to assist her with treatment. I was told to call 911. This was not a 911 call. I was told that she would not even talk with another doctor! Something is terribly wrong here.