Overall Review

September 24th, 2016
My wife had a tumor removed from her head on Friday, home on Monday. Great doctor! Very busy man.

April 17th, 2015
Psychologist
I have never met a Dr with such compassion for his patients. Very friendly, easy to talk about your concerns, he listens and always makes you feel better. He's gives 100% of his time and never makes you feel like a patient afraid of the doctor. He saved my life doing a massive brain tumor removal with minimal facial paralysis. Best Dr ever.

April 18th, 2013
Nice doc

February 18th, 2013
Excellent Surgeon
Dr. Kasper is an exceptional doctor. Right away he made my family and I feel extremely comfortable during a very difficult time. He explained everything in a way we would understand and gave us all the time we needed to ask any and all questions. I went into my surgery feeling confident that I was getting the best care. His staff were friendly and attentive. I strongly recommend Dr. Kasper.

November 27th, 2012
We thank God for Dr Kasper
I was diagnosed with a frontal lobe brain tumor and was referred to Dr Kasper by a neurologist at another nearby hospital. I went in to see him on a Tuesday and was being operated on Thursday. Not waiting long turned out to be very helpful because there was less time to worry. Dr Kasper and his entire staff were exemplary through the entire ordeal. He did such a great job that I was able to leave the hospital early. He was very thorough showing me what was going to be done then explaining the before and after MRIs. I always felt like I was in the BEST care and he is a wonderful doctor.

October 9th, 2012
Great Surgeon and Doctor
I can't speak highly enough about Dr. Kasper: the clarity of his communication; his focus and attention during all conversations; and his care and skill as a doctor and surgeon. I felt that he shared all the necessary and appropriate information with me and my husband about the surgery I needed, the treatment, and the results. He made himself available to answer questions and respond to our concerns. He treated us as partners in my treatment decisions. I would recommend him highly.

August 19th, 2012
Grateful for precision and professionalism and ideal outcomeGra
I was lucky to get a same-day appointment to see Dr. Kasper after a neurologist at BIDMC reviewed an MRI and saw a tumor that needed to come out within two weeks referred me to Dr. Kasper.My diagnosis came suddenly (out of the blue sky) after a year of annoying but not painful symptoms, so the whole situation came as a shock to me. Dr. Kasper was very encouraging that I would be able to resume normal activities post-surgery and he assured me he would do the surgery himself. I was scheduled for surgery within ten days, given an Rx to take starting that day and told to avoid a car accident until after the surgery. He didn't scare me - he just wanted me to be safe until my tumor would come out.When I asked about the scar that would remain after recovery, he actually showed me a scar he has on his spine that is similar to what mine will look like - who knows a surgeon who would do that; a NEURO-SURGEON?The scar is looking great. In my first visit post-hospitalization (about 2 weeks after surgery), Dr. Kasper addressed all my questions and encouraged me to swim (pool) to increase mobility of my neck. I did so, with caution, and followed all the restrictions on what I could lift (10 lbs.) and twisting my head and rested a LOT. The recovery has been remarkable. I will eternally be grateful for the personable interactions with the entire staff in his office combined with the wisdom and experience evident in the outcome of surgery. His diagnosis was correct; my spouse says communication during surgery was good and I acknowledge the excellent care I received in ICU and on the neurosurgery floor for BIDMC patients who are post-op but not able to go home yet. Thank you, Dr. Kasper.

May 8th, 2012
I highly recommend him.
He has hands of gold.You hardly could see my scar.

January 27th, 2012
COLCOLD AND ALOOF
RESULT OF REMOVAL OF TUMOR IN SPIRAL COLUMN. HE NICKED BY SPINAL CORD WHILE ATTEMPTING TO REMOVE TUMOR.RESULT.SPINAL CORD INJURY TO FINGERS,HANDS AND ARMS...NEVER VISTORED WHILE I WAS RECOVERING IN HOSP. COULD NOT GET APPT WHILE SPENDING 2 MONTHS IN REHAB. HE RUINED MY LIFE.

June 12th, 2010
needed emergency surgery for tumor and had a day to pick b/t boston hospitals. met dr. kasper at beth israel and was impressed and comforted - he explained everything, was very caring, and his confidence was inspiring. overall amazing, and he helped keep things level in a tough situation. surgery went great.

February 7th, 2010
tumor patient
office easily accessibleShort notice appointments were accepted short waiting time well informed staffDr. Kasper knows is subject very wellhe shows very good manners and is politehe provided excellent explanations of my conditionshe performed the case with outstanding surgical skillsWe had an excellent overall impression