Neurologists

900 Camino De Salud Ne
University West, Albuquerque, NM 87131
505-272-4946
Locations and availability (3)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Exceptional  |  show details
by Beantown mom on Nov 20th, 2013

I had what I will always consider THE best neurologist while living in VA so when I moved to NM finding a neuro since I do have MS was 1 a priority but also tricky since I had left THE best in my mind. I found Dr. Edmonds to be right up there with my VA neuro. She answered my questions directly, presented her argument as to why I should seriously consider a particular med which I was actually nervous about that having even though my former "perfect" neuro had also recommended that same med in the past much to my horror! The possible SEs scared me a lot. She was reassuring, helpful with the process of getting me started and monitoring me though I was NOT a research patient. She was always on time. I met many other patients in the waiting room who also experienced the same feelings about her though they were NM natives. Now that I am technically in the "home of clinically research"--Boston--I have to say that the care I received in NM as well as VA does not compare to what I get here. In both places, I received MUCH better cared. Scary huh? I struggle here to get appointments closer than 6months ahead of time, I am given meds without full consent of the SEs! That's inexcusable! And the general follow-up is very bad. SO for anyone who is seeking a neurologist who is adept with research, knowledgeable about MS and the latest treatments, well known in her field (even my Neuro who is a Harvard Professor knows her!) but spent time with her patients--so if she is running late it may be because she is with a patient who needed that extra TLC (okay)... We really wish we were back in NM for HER and 1 other Dr that treated me so well...(the dr who went on with the same treatment ended up causing permanent nerve damage in my hips),...so we are truly missing NM.

|  wrong doctor  |  show details
by 1joy on Apr 2nd, 2013

I was very angry when I left out this office. Edmonds was rude and was not understanding. She had a month to get my paperwork, she didn't have my paperwork, she should've rescheduled me but she insist to see me and tell me that she could help me but can take my money. She did not want to help me. She was mean and not patient. This was the worst experience ever and I suggest that if u can dodge the bullet, please do. I am a young black girl that have NMO and just moved from AR to NM. And I'm persistent to find the BEST. Cause that's what I had in the beginning!

|  show details
Aug 9th, 2012

Dr Edmonds is far more concerned about academia than her patients. Her staff repeatedly makes errors in scheduling and getting a call back from her is near impossible. She scheduled a follow up appt immediately after a scheduled an MRI that she didn't bother to show up to and then took 3 months to report back the findings of the MRI. At that point it was too late and emergency appointments had to be made within 24 hrs. I sincerely fear for her patients and hope they never have to suffer what I went through under her care!

|  very bad experience  |  show details
Mar 10th, 2012

I went to Dr. Edmonds regarding a diagnosis of MS from another neurologist and all she did was try to disprove the diagnosis, without any effort to discuss the problems and investigate the causes. Abrupt, know-it-all, uninformed and uncaring....I wouldn't recommend her to anyone.