Dr. Elaine Edmonds MD Patient Reviews

• Neurology Albuquerque, NM

September 18th, 2015
Great but be one step ahead of her nurse Carla.
She was miles better than anyone in else that I had the ability to see in NM. I needed a neurologist badly and wasn't able to be scheduled in the state of NM for over 2 months. This led me to travel to great distances to see "top" neurologists at other universities who specialized in MS. They we're great at but what was even better was my first visit with DR. Edmunds in ABQ at UNM. I will say her assistant, nurse Carla, sort of scares me though. I feel like she could make a simple mistake that could wind up causing a patient a lotta grief.

February 27th, 2015
Spare yourself the aggravation and the rude Dr's notes in your file.
Really doesn't care and she's semi retired. Just in it for the money now. Besides which UNM billing is a ridiculous mess. Every time I was in there I received multiple bills and they were never correct and when I paid then I would receive a refund check. A mess.

November 20th, 2013
Exceptional
I had what I will always consider THE best neurologist while living in VA so when I moved to NM finding a neuro since I do have MS was 1 a priority but also tricky since I had left THE best in my mind. I found Dr. Edmonds to be right up there with my VA neuro. She answered my questions directly, presented her argument as to why I should seriously consider a particular med which I was actually nervous about that having even though my former "perfect" neuro had also recommended that same med in the past much to my horror! The possible SEs scared me a lot. She was reassuring, helpful with the process of getting me started and monitoring me though I was NOT a research patient. She was always on time. I met many other patients in the waiting room who also experienced the same feelings about her though they were NM natives. Now that I am technically in the "home of clinically research"--Boston--I have to say that the care I received in NM as well as VA does not compare to what I get here. In both places, I received MUCH better cared. Scary huh? I struggle here to get appointments closer than 6months ahead of time, I am given meds without full consent of the SEs! That's inexcusable! And the general follow-up is very bad. SO for anyone who is seeking a neurologist who is adept with research, knowledgeable about MS and the latest treatments, well known in her field (even my Neuro who is a Harvard Professor knows her!) but spent time with her patients--so if she is running late it may be because she is with a patient who needed that extra TLC (okay)... We really wish we were back in NM for HER and 1 other Dr that treated me so well...(the dr who went on with the same treatment ended up causing permanent nerve damage in my hips),...so we are truly missing NM.

April 2nd, 2013
wrong doctor
I was very angry when I left out this office. Edmonds was rude and was not understanding. She had a month to get my paperwork, she didn't have my paperwork, she should've rescheduled me but she insist to see me and tell me that she could help me but can take my money. She did not want to help me. She was mean and not patient. This was the worst experience ever and I suggest that if u can dodge the bullet, please do. I am a young black girl that have NMO and just moved from AR to NM. And I'm persistent to find the BEST. Cause that's what I had in the beginning!

August 9th, 2012
Dr Edmonds is far more concerned about academia than her patients. Her staff repeatedly makes errors in scheduling and getting a call back from her is near impossible. She scheduled a follow up appt immediately after a scheduled an MRI that she didn't bother to show up to and then took 3 months to report back the findings of the MRI. At that point it was too late and emergency appointments had to be made within 24 hrs. I sincerely fear for her patients and hope they never have to suffer what I went through under her care!

March 10th, 2012
very bad experience
I went to Dr. Edmonds regarding a diagnosis of MS from another neurologist and all she did was try to disprove the diagnosis, without any effort to discuss the problems and investigate the causes. Abrupt, know-it-all, uninformed and uncaring....I wouldn't recommend her to anyone.