Excellent show details Excellent
by Yvette Rosado on Jun 22nd, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Elaine Kung since last year and she so good. She is a straight shooter and goes right for the problem. She has always treated be right. Her staff are very friendly and never have a problem getting an appointment.

May 25th, 2016

The worst Doctor ever!

Feb 14th, 2016

Theyre typically closed on Saturdays but I had no problem making an appointment on the same day; which was a huge plus. I arrived earlier as a courtesy since that's what I was asked. My wait time for 20 minutes Elaine was not friendly at all. In fact, the nurse was much more kind understanding, and approachable. Ms. Elaine wanted me out of there as quick as possible. Luckily, it lasted less than 4 minutes. I was barely asked any questions. I was not comfortable with her. Her whole manner was nonchalant and she just shrugged her shoulders a lot- that, I find plainly rude to do when answering to a patient. I would not recommend her to any one of my friends, nor book a new appointment. The front-desk seemed miserable and one lady had a bad attitude. I couldnt understand why? I just wanted to run out of there. Dont waste your time, there are many other dermatologists out there. P.s I never thought about making reviews for doctors except for this time when I felt highly dissatisfied.

Great Dermatologist show details Great Dermatologist
Jan 15th, 2016

Dr. Kung is excellent, efficient, and intelligent

Oct 7th, 2015

No beside manners, very unfriendly. No smile at all. I get that you're busy and it was towards the end of the day, but politeness is what keeps your patients. Saw her assistant for the majority of the time, with her popping in for maybe 5 minutes. She did a quick examination and then left without saying bye.

glad I found her show details glad I found her
Jun 12th, 2015

I almost didn’t go to her because of the bad reviews. Yes, she is much more quiet than I am used to, but that doesn’t mean she is a snob. I think I even made her laugh one time on my first visit. She didn’t waste any time. I was diagnosed with another doctor that I didn’t like and on my first visit she went to work. Non of that.. lets just talk about your skin stuff. Ok, one of the things I like about woman doctors is talking to smart attractive woman but what is more important is getting rid of this stuff. I am morbidly obese and need to be naked because of where my skin has the problems. She is the first female doctor that treats me as a non sex. I am not a man just a patient and she is excellent in that area. It does make me nervous having her assistant there and it’s really tempting to postpone appointments because of my insecurities but her assistant is a lovely young lady and that makes it kind of easier. She applies what I believe to be the right amount of treatment to pain ratio that will get rid of this stuff and I am thankful I ignored the bad reviews. She is a good doctor for me.

Incompetent and unprofessional in her care! show details Incompetent and unprofessional in her care!
Feb 11th, 2015

I wouldn't put my trust in Kung as my doctor, she performed unruly in her care and exhibits incompetency to my visits. though her staff are nice, and office courteous. I would think twice about making referrals. I am not sure if she is a genuinely good doctor who cares about the well being of patients.

Unprofessional and Snobbish! show details Unprofessional and Snobbish!
by Ada on May 13th, 2014

I just wrote a review on Yelp. I got a referral from my primary care whom I trust so I went to see Dr. Elaine Kung despite negative reviews I read and the skepticism that I had. Bad decision ever. No wonder why making an appointment is so easy. Guess no one wants to continue being a patient here anymore. DON'T COME HERE! Dr. is so snobbish. She will cut you off when you try to explain something. She's ignorant and neglected to look at another skin problem I indicated on my patient file. And when I reminded her, she cut it off by telling me to use the same gel for the other skin problem area to this one. Well, the face and the back are not the same. Can you act like a dr. and look into the depth and breadth of the symptom? I can't believe how careless and snobbish this Dr. is. Needless to say, this is be my first and last time I will see her. I am not asking for a warm bedside manner, I am asking for a proper diagnosis that lasts longer than 3 mins. Oh... and a little bit less cranky face and unfriendly attitude. What a waste of my time and my copay.

by ABC on Mar 31st, 2014

As some of the reviews mention, she came off a bit as cold and unfriendly. Time spent was short. She had her nurse do most everything. The nurse would ask me all the the questions and ask me if there are anything i'd like to ask. When she came in she jsut kind of "looked" at you. She didn't seem friendly or caring or even took the time to ask if you had any more questions or concerns. Once she's done she just left even without letting me know I was considered "DONE". I mean otherwise, I just wanted a dr. to help w. my eczema on my hand and I think the nurse did a much better job in explaining and trying to help.

belittles you. show details belittles you.
Feb 17th, 2014

Most of the reviews here state that Kung talks down to you and talks as if she knows more than you is absolutely true. It is also true that her being a licensed dermatologist may know more about our condition than we know ourselves that why we are seeking help. However, this doesn't give you the right to talk down to us. No I am not asking you to be my buddy but you have to understand that as a healthcare PROFESSIONAL you need to take into consideration your patients feelings, culture and their preferences. Kung doesn't bother to try to make compromises but instead expects you to agree and abide by all her choices. I had gone to her for a consultation on my acne. I had stated that I wasn't a big fan of oral medications and wanted to try something else out. She simply just stated my only choice was Accutane. When asked what were the side effects, she said none and then proceeded to state that Accutane was the only option. One doesn't have to be in the medical field to know that Accutane comes with a lot of side effects. Overall, I would give her a two because her assistants/nurses were nice and understanding.

Dec 16th, 2013

Dr. Kung I think is an amazing doctor. This was my first time going to a Dermatologist and I had to get stitches, she knew that I was scared but actually talked to me. I'm very glad I came to her. She does have some amazing credentials, and knows what she is talking about, and her assistants are very welcoming too. I will be going back.

by Robin L. on Aug 14th, 2013

I see Dr. Kung for my annual skin exams and also treatment of occasional acne break outs. She is knowledgeable in her specialty and her solutions have been very helpful so far. I feel that my skin has been alot better since seeing her in 2011. I think its kind of unfair that some reviewers are complaining she does not sit down to talk to them. As a healthcare provider myself, I understand that some doctors have to touch/feel to examine you, not simply ask you questions while sitting 3 feet away. She is very detailed during our yearly skin exams and even checks between my toes! I am glad for that because I had an abnormal growth that had to be removed in the past by another doctor that left me with a keloid scar (which Dr. Kung also treated). The ladies on her staff are very nice and spend time reviewing what the doctor discussed before I leave. I feel that they care about my outcome and will keep coming to this office for my skin care needs!

arrogant and dismissive show details arrogant and dismissive
Jun 26th, 2013

I find Dr. Kung extremely arrogant and I don't have much confidence with her diagnosis. Dr. Kung did not explain what the clusters of blisters on my daughter's fingers were. After peering at the blisters she told her assistant what ointment to prescribe and left the room abruptly without saying goodbye. Most doctors I know would have explained what the medicine is for, dosage, etc. but not Dr. Kung. She was dismissive with her no answer answers to my questions, making me feel like I am wasting her time. She is a total snob. I think Kung acts superior towards her patients to hide her inexperience and mediocre knowledge. I loved my daughter's previous dermatologist at NYU Langone Medical Center, too back they don't accept my new insurance and I have to come to Kung. Julie Schaffer, the NYU dermatologist was absolutely great with my daughter. Dr. Schaffer had much better credentials than Kung and not once did she act like she was better than her patient. Kung really needs to take a course in people skills. Or she should change her profession, I get the feeling she is miserable being a dermatologist. Not going back to her. Horrible.

Mark as Helpful  | 11 people found this helpful Report Abuse
by Mare on Jun 24th, 2013

Speaking as a person with a healthcare background, I can honestly say that Dr. Kung is a great doctor. Other reviewers have mentioned how she is cold and arrogant but honestly if you had the credentials she does, you would understand how frustrating it can be when some patients refuse to listen or think their own medical knowledge is better than the physician's. In terms of expertise, I dont think it gets much better than Dr. Kung's....she's the cream of the crop. I have the utmost respect for her and honestly, she was nothing but friendly, nice and accommodating towards me. But then again....maybe its because I mentioned that I wanted to be a physician and asked her a little more about dermatology. Regardless, if you are personable with her she will be personable with you as well. For example, I had mentioned that I had a wedding to attend in a few months and she not only remembered a few months down the line but also made sure to help me with my trivial concerns about scarring. Yeah, she's not the type to become buddy buddy with you but in the end..are you there for the best medical advice/treatment possible or to become friends with your dermatologist?

May 15th, 2013

Horrible experience with Dr. Kung! I completely agree with other comments here mentioned that she is rude and cold. She walked into the room to meet me with no smile on her face and didn't even say hi. I would say she is very arrogant about herself. Her assistant on the side is a complete retard, more into patients story than her job. Never gonna go back again.

Surprised show details Surprised
by Annie on Feb 1st, 2013

This is my first time seeing Dr. Kung, she was nice and professional and her assistant was very helpful. I only gave it a 3 stars because the office was dirty. There's garbages on the floor in the waiting area..the roll of paper that covers the chair in on the floor (don't know how that suppose to keep chair clean when the paper itself is dirty to start with)...receptionist was horrible!! No manners, talking on personal cellphone in front of patients..didn't offer help when I approached, I waited for her for like 15mins!! And I had to talk to the top of her head...Overall, I would see Dr. Kung again, but maybe when she gets a cleaner office.

Jan 30th, 2013

Dr. Kung, like the staff at her office, was efficient but cold.

Dec 4th, 2012

Dr Kung was great and very helpful. I came in with one condition but she was very helpful in asnwering questions about my other medical needs.

Terrible! show details Terrible!
Nov 20th, 2012

She is rude and unfriendly. I felt being rushed for my appointment. I have acne problems and her only solution was to give me birth control pills or aspirin....really? because I could have figured that on my own. Very unhelpful, waste of my time and my money! Never coming back here again!

Aug 27th, 2012

Very young doctor, not so experienced, not so friendly, and her nose is not natural.

Mar 12th, 2012

Dr. Kung was direct but courteous. She's extremely busy but still explained everything I needed to know. I would recommend her to my friends and family.

Mar 9th, 2012

I think Dr. Kung was fine but she's very reserved when it comes to talking, compared to most of the other doctors I've had -- in other words, she doesn't really seem social but that's not the point. I thought her diagnosis was kind of poor - I have signs of eczema and rash spots on my arms and all she kept saying was how I didn't moisturize, which is a lame excuse. Her assistant was worse and dismissed any inclinations I had about a possible disease. Most of the staff made me feel very uncomfortable - one had to stand and watch me put my shoes on as I was leaving. Nevertheless, I'm never coming back again and thank god I didn't pay too much with insurance. Not worth the time.

Great doctor!! show details Great doctor!!
Oct 9th, 2011

Dr. Kung is a very nice and polite person. She wasn't sitting in a chair while asking me questions unlike other doctors, but standing next to me and spending enough time to talk to me, just like a friend. It made me feel comfortable. It is my first impression because I just saw her today. But I have confidence in this excellent doctor!

by Renee' Stelter on Jul 19th, 2010

Dr. Kung is a professional that is truly a pleasure to have the opportunity to visit for dermatology matters. She is respectful of the patient's time, is thorough in her diagnosis and recommendations and was very successful in treating me and my family.

Jul 13th, 2010

Dr. Kung made me feel very comfortable. I had complete confidence in her to perform skin surgery on me.

Jul 12th, 2010

Dr. Kung made me feel comfortable. Although my biopsy result was abnormal, she explained it in a way that was not frightening. I appreciated that. I recommend her highly.D

Jul 12th, 2010

Dr. Kung is efficient and explains things in a way that's easy to understand.