Dr. Elaine Kung MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 22nd, 2016
Excellent
I have been seeing Dr. Elaine Kung since last year and she so good. She is a straight shooter and goes right for the problem. She has always treated be right. Her staff are very friendly and never have a problem getting an appointment.

May 25th, 2016
The worst Doctor ever!

February 15th, 2016
Theyre typically closed on Saturdays but I had no problem making an appointment on the same day; which was a huge plus. I arrived earlier as a courtesy since that's what I was asked. My wait time for 20 minutes Elaine was not friendly at all. In fact, the nurse was much more kind understanding, and approachable. Ms. Elaine wanted me out of there as quick as possible. Luckily, it lasted less than 4 minutes. I was barely asked any questions. I was not comfortable with her. Her whole manner was nonchalant and she just shrugged her shoulders a lot- that, I find plainly rude to do when answering to a patient. I would not recommend her to any one of my friends, nor book a new appointment. The front-desk seemed miserable and one lady had a bad attitude. I couldnt understand why? I just wanted to run out of there. Dont waste your time, there are many other dermatologists out there. P.s I never thought about making reviews for doctors except for this time when I felt highly dissatisfied.

January 15th, 2016
Great Dermatologist
Dr. Kung is excellent, efficient, and intelligent

October 7th, 2015
No beside manners, very unfriendly. No smile at all. I get that you're busy and it was towards the end of the day, but politeness is what keeps your patients. Saw her assistant for the majority of the time, with her popping in for maybe 5 minutes. She did a quick examination and then left without saying bye.

June 12th, 2015
glad I found her
I almost didn’t go to her because of the bad reviews. Yes, she is much more quiet than I am used to, but that doesn’t mean she is a snob. I think I even made her laugh one time on my first visit. She didn’t waste any time. I was diagnosed with another doctor that I didn’t like and on my first visit she went to work. Non of that.. lets just talk about your skin stuff. Ok, one of the things I like about woman doctors is talking to smart attractive woman but what is more important is getting rid of this stuff. I am morbidly obese and need to be naked because of where my skin has the problems. She is the first female doctor that treats me as a non sex. I am not a man just a patient and she is excellent in that area. It does make me nervous having her assistant there and it’s really tempting to postpone appointments because of my insecurities but her assistant is a lovely young lady and that makes it kind of easier. She applies what I believe to be the right amount of treatment to pain ratio that will get rid of this stuff and I am thankful I ignored the bad reviews. She is a good doctor for me.

February 11th, 2015
Incompetent and unprofessional in her care!
I wouldn't put my trust in Kung as my doctor, she performed unruly in her care and exhibits incompetency to my visits. though her staff are nice, and office courteous. I would think twice about making referrals. I am not sure if she is a genuinely good doctor who cares about the well being of patients.

May 14th, 2014
Unprofessional and Snobbish!
I just wrote a review on Yelp. I got a referral from my primary care whom I trust so I went to see Dr. Elaine Kung despite negative reviews I read and the skepticism that I had. Bad decision ever. No wonder why making an appointment is so easy. Guess no one wants to continue being a patient here anymore. DON'T COME HERE! Dr. is so snobbish. She will cut you off when you try to explain something. She's ignorant and neglected to look at another skin problem I indicated on my patient file. And when I reminded her, she cut it off by telling me to use the same gel for the other skin problem area to this one. Well, the face and the back are not the same. Can you act like a dr. and look into the depth and breadth of the symptom? I can't believe how careless and snobbish this Dr. is. Needless to say, this is be my first and last time I will see her. I am not asking for a warm bedside manner, I am asking for a proper diagnosis that lasts longer than 3 mins. Oh... and a little bit less cranky face and unfriendly attitude. What a waste of my time and my copay.

March 31st, 2014
As some of the reviews mention, she came off a bit as cold and unfriendly. Time spent was short. She had her nurse do most everything. The nurse would ask me all the the questions and ask me if there are anything i'd like to ask. When she came in she jsut kind of "looked" at you. She didn't seem friendly or caring or even took the time to ask if you had any more questions or concerns. Once she's done she just left even without letting me know I was considered "DONE". I mean otherwise, I just wanted a dr. to help w. my eczema on my hand and I think the nurse did a much better job in explaining and trying to help.

February 18th, 2014
belittles you.
Most of the reviews here state that Kung talks down to you and talks as if she knows more than you is absolutely true. It is also true that her being a licensed dermatologist may know more about our condition than we know ourselves that why we are seeking help. However, this doesn't give you the right to talk down to us. No I am not asking you to be my buddy but you have to understand that as a healthcare PROFESSIONAL you need to take into consideration your patients feelings, culture and their preferences. Kung doesn't bother to try to make compromises but instead expects you to agree and abide by all her choices. I had gone to her for a consultation on my acne. I had stated that I wasn't a big fan of oral medications and wanted to try something else out. She simply just stated my only choice was Accutane. When asked what were the side effects, she said none and then proceeded to state that Accutane was the only option. One doesn't have to be in the medical field to know that Accutane comes with a lot of side effects. Overall, I would give her a two because her assistants/nurses were nice and understanding.

December 16th, 2013
Dr. Kung I think is an amazing doctor. This was my first time going to a Dermatologist and I had to get stitches, she knew that I was scared but actually talked to me. I'm very glad I came to her. She does have some amazing credentials, and knows what she is talking about, and her assistants are very welcoming too. I will be going back.

August 14th, 2013
I see Dr. Kung for my annual skin exams and also treatment of occasional acne break outs. She is knowledgeable in her specialty and her solutions have been very helpful so far. I feel that my skin has been alot better since seeing her in 2011. I think its kind of unfair that some reviewers are complaining she does not sit down to talk to them. As a healthcare provider myself, I understand that some doctors have to touch/feel to examine you, not simply ask you questions while sitting 3 feet away. She is very detailed during our yearly skin exams and even checks between my toes! I am glad for that because I had an abnormal growth that had to be removed in the past by another doctor that left me with a keloid scar (which Dr. Kung also treated). The ladies on her staff are very nice and spend time reviewing what the doctor discussed before I leave. I feel that they care about my outcome and will keep coming to this office for my skin care needs!