Dr. Elaine Sklar Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Elaine Sklar?

September 22nd, 2016

Love her!

Dr. Sklar is not my regular ob/gyn, but I have seen her when my regular doctor wasn't available. Dr. Sklar is so sweet and super sensitive, yet extremely professional at the same time. She took the time to hear all the complicated parts of my case to make an informed decision of how I should best proceed ,ll, as well as to make sure I was comfortable.

February 26th, 2016

SHOCKED!! its 3:48 am can't sleep . Went with my daughter who is 5 months pregnant to dr skylar office today . Well ....she humiliated my daughter & straight out told her "go find another DR" she acted like a bratty 15 year old. I swear to god . Soooooo unprofessional !!! I have never witnessed anything like this in my life. I don't want to say to much because as of now she has all my daughters records and it's very hard to find another obgyn when your all ready 5 months pregnant . I just pray to god my daughter has a healthy baby . She has a bad cough for 2 months. Back & forth to hospital, getting i v for dehydration . What this dr did and said to my daughter & myself today is totally out of line & disgraceful. I read I few other comments on here about woman that were sick with colds who this dr has mistreated. Ladies... Please be careful. You need to protect your self and your unborn child. I wish my daughter was helped but she wasn't . Praying now to find a good dr who will take her this far into her pregnancy . 🙏🙏....

February 12th, 2016

Love DR.elaine Sklar she is the best she is on top of everything

January 4th, 2016

Scarred

I caught a viral cold and I came in to see Dr. Sklar to ask what medication would be best and safest to take during pregnancy. She said I need to go to an ENT and that I was basically wasting her time. After that every response I got was snappy and curt. I started asking a question, she cut me off before my question was complete, and started answering a different thing. When I said I didn't finish the question she told me that I am agitated. She spoke only to my husband the rest of the visit and acted like I wasn't event in the room. I was in tears at such horrid treatment, I cannot believe this compassion-less person is allowed to be responsible for the health of women and their unborn children.

June 13th, 2014

best doctor!!

Dr. Sklar is the most amazing doctor out there. I have used her for many of my appointments through out my pregnancy. I found her so kind, caring, and motherly. She constantly told me that I am doing a great job and made me and my husband feel so good. Luckily, she was by my delivery too! I had a really hard labor and delivery and I really feel that without Dr. Sklar's patience, kindness and competence, I would have ended up with a C. Postpartum, I had an issue and left a message for Dr. Sklar and she called me back right away- she was so helpful. She is definitely the best doc out there!!!

December 24th, 2013

Left the Practice because of Dr. Sklar

Nasty and Terrible: I left the Practice because of Dr. Sklar. Don't ever try to ask questions to this doctor! I had been hospitalized earlier in the week and came in with some questions. She dismissed every single one of my questions and concerns, leaving me completely confused. When I continued to ask for clarification, she began to yell at me, told me that this appointment wasn't going well, she can't be bothered with these things, and walked out of the room, (she never returned). I was so overwhelmed that began to cry right there, alone, naked in the room. Terrible, terrible experience!

September 23rd, 2013

Very good doctor!

Dr. Sklar is a very professional and competent doctor. She is thorough and explains all procedures and circumstances. Compared to other ob-gyns, she has a great bedside manner and provides a very high level of care. I have been a patient of hers for many years and she is one of the best ob-gyn doctors in NY. Only difficulty is in getting an appointment since she is so booked! Provides prompt follow-up; explains all test results and responds to questions/concerns.

February 23rd, 2013

Nightmare

After seeing the Dr I needed a surgical procedure done of a skin tag was told to make another appt needed a pap done and was given a lame excuse that the insurance would not pay for it . which I work in the medical Field and I know as a fact my insurance would pay then I am told get dressed and meet me by the desk to set up 2 more appts by the time I get there all the lights were closed the receptionist had her coat on and was told to call to set up my next appt and was escorted out through the back entrance and the Dr was no where to be seen , they just lost a patient I am an office manager for 2 dental locations we never treat our patients in this mannerly we never leave the office until the patients are done and always well taken cared of

February 19th, 2013

Love her, dislike her office-Dr. 4, office-1

I really don't like the Boro Park office on 15th Ave. but I put up with it because I love Dr. Sklar. I love her bedside manner, her personality and her competence. She never condescends or talks down to her patients (my 21 year old daughter goes to her also and loves her). I always feel comfortable when sharing problems or concerns and know that I wont be 'judged'. Getting an appointment is an unpleasant adventure. The staff is mixed and I have been misinformed on numerous occasions. There is a very cold rigid feel to the office and I would be happy to see the Dr. elsewhere if that were a viable option.

August 6th, 2010

Dr Sklar is great! She delivered my second child. What I like about her is that she did not talk down to me or sugarcoat anything. She talked to me like to an equal, an intelligent person (which is hard when dealing with pregnant ladies sometimes). During labor, she was extremely supportive and caring.If I ever have another child, I want Dr. Sklar to deliver him or her!!!

April 14th, 2010

She is not a caring doctor.

She does not listen and does not try to solve problems openly addressed during an appointment. She is not a caring doctor.

March 24th, 2017