Dr. Elana Bern MD Patient Reviews

3.2

July 14th, 2014
Very thorough and kind to the patient as well as parent.

March 20th, 2013
Not helpful or reliable -- avoid at all costs
I don't feel like Dr. Bern cared about me as a patient. She was terrible at returning calls and never diagnosed me. I felt like she wrote me off. Although my blood tests indicated that I may have Crohns she simply did a stool sample not a colonoscopy. She refused to give me a colonscopy because the stool sample indicated I did not have Crohns. This is not acceptable and I have found another doctor because I was so disappointed in the lack of care she gave me.

May 14th, 2008
Hysterical doctor!!
Dr Elana Bern is a doctor we kept seeing because she made it a priority to see us, followed up via email and was communicative (called us back even if it was later at night). BUT, she was hysterical. She had us do 8 different courses of action for our baby when she wasn't gaining weight properly. She ran the same tests several times. Gave us worst case scenario...always. When our baby wasn't eating solids at 10 months, she told us that there was a certain window of time, and we needed to act on it. Sent us to a feeding specialist. SHe made us crazy! And worried. And when we canceled one appointment, she called our regular pediatrician to tell her that she was concerned that we cancelled!!!! Rather than call us! Hysterical, overly cautious, easy to pathologize. Didn't listen to us (had to repeat things more than twice so that she heard us). GET ANOTHER DR if you're at all in an ambiguous situation. This is not the dr to have if you're new parents, scared and not sure what is wrong with your child.