A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Elazer Edelman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Elazer Edelman, MD, PHD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 19 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Arteriosclerosis (Arterial Disease)
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Carotid Artery Injuries
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Disease
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Heart Block
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Pathologic Constriction
- Unstable Angina
- Vascular Disease
- Vascular Graft Occlusion
Education & Awards
Dr. Edelman graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Edelman has 4 hospital affiliations:
- HALLMARK HEALTH SYSTEM/Melrose-Wakefield Hospital
- Brigham and Women's Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Edelman accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - 5 plans
- Tufts Health Plans - 7 plans
- United Healthcare - 23 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 17 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Cigna - 14 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Elazer R. Edelman practice?
Dr. Elazer Edelman practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, and General Practice near Boston, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Cambridge, MA.
See Boston Internists, Boston Cardiologists, and Boston General Practitioners.