A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Elbert Thames:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Elbert Thames is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Elbert Thames, MD is board certified in Surgery.
Education & Awards
Dr. Thames graduated from The University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas.
Dr. Thames has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Covenant Medical Center
- Covenant Children's Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Thames accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 3 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 3 plans
- Presbyterian Health Plan - 9 plans
- Lovelace Health Plan - 10 plans
- Cigna - 7 plans
- Humana - 11 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Elbert A. Thames practice?
Dr. Elbert Thames practices Surgery near Lubbock, TX.
See Lubbock Surgeons.