Dr. Elbin Orellana Sr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Elbin Orellana Sr?

April 8th, 2016

It has been a while since I have seen the doctor, but both my son and myself were patients and I would consider him to be one of the better psychologists I have ever visited.

June 25th, 2012

My children have been coming to him for 2 years and he's a decent doctor but he doesn't listen to my concerns.

November 27th, 2011

A very kind Dr

I have to disagree with the other negative reviews. I saw Dr Orellano forseveralyears,and he was always correct in which drugs to prescribe for me. Patients should understand that if they want to "Talk" to a someone, they should see a psychologist or other tyrpe of talk therapist. Psychiatrists mainly just prescribe drugs and diagnose. Give the Dr a break--

November 2nd, 2011

I was a patient of Dr. Orellana in 2005 after a diagnosis at Pine Rest and being referred to him, and I would not be recommending this doctor to anyone. It was almost like talking to a brick wall where I was telling him my problems and he just didn't ever say much. I was having a lot of problems and when I would tell him the problems I was having, he would just nod and write more stuff down and not really offer any sort of solution aside from amping up the dosage of my drugs which while it was helping at the time, the increased dosage was giving me a bad reaction to the point where I thought I had to go to the hospital. The office also seemed to have a lot of problems with handling our insurance. Recently I have heard his office is gone and he is no longer a practicing doctor. Could someone confirm this?

August 31st, 2011

If you want to be a number...

Dr Orellana really gives the impression that you're just a number. Also, while I like to educate myself about medical issues prior to talking with a doctor about them, he MAY have the opposite problem of many doctors - instead of not listening enough to what a patient (or in this case, a patient's parent) has to say, either I've been right on the ball on everything or he listens to me TOO MUCH. He agreed with ALL my insights, views, and thoughts on medication, which in a way I'm glad of, but it also leaves me wondering whether he was just taking the easy route or if I was really right...

April 30th, 2011

Do Not Recommend

I have been going to Dr. Orellana for quite some time and have decided to find another doctor. I've been experiencing extremely adverse drug interactions which he refuses to address and just keeps prescribing me new drugs that don't work. He doesn't seem to care anymore and doesn't appear to care about what is going on in my life anymore. I just had a medical emergency this weekend with a bad drug interaction and have not heard from him after leaving three messages with his office. He has no emergency service and no one fills in for him when he is not available. He used to be a good doctor. I just don't think he cares anymore except for the money since he always overschedules, cancels appointments at the last minute and never calls back to reschedule and I can never get a hold of him for refills.

July 23rd, 2009

I went there as a patient from 2005 to 2006. The whole time there was definitely something odd going on. They still have not billed our insurance for their services and they canceled many appointments as well as said that we canceled an appointment one time when we did not. I don't know what was going on there but it was definitely something weird.

February 3rd, 2009

This was a good doctor but he seems to have disappeared...

January 30th, 2009

I do not recommend arranging an appointment with Dr. Orellana; You probably wouldn't get one anyway, since his office rarely returns phone calls, and for three of my monthly appointments, they were each canceled the day OF. They were never rescheduled, and now I have a different doctor. I've driven past the office several days a week during his said-to-be office hours, but there are never any cars there. I don't recommend this "doctor". Trying to get my prescription refilled after dozens of phone calls was almost impossible.

May 26th, 2011