Dr. Elda Perales MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 27th, 2017
Avoid!
Insensitive, unaccommodating, unable to think "outside the box" and urges patients to perform surgery for conditions that normally improve and return to normal because the surgery is "standard" and "routine care". I am glad I didn't do it. I waited and was completely better within 6 months.

November 11th, 2016
Negative experience
I was pregnant with my 3rd son and was losing weight during my second trimester. Dr Perales asked me if I was using illegal drugs, I replied no. Instead of taking my word for that, she ordered a urinalysis drug test. I am a federal employee, who can be randomly drug tested at any time, which would result in loss of my job, I have no history of drug use, and I am a mother of 2. Instead of looking at my history and trying to figure out what was causing me to lose weight during my pregnancy, Dr. Perales jumped to the worst conclusion. I felt disrespected as a patient and switched to the other doctor in the practice immediately, after I took and passed my drug test of course. I would avoid a doctor who does not bother to properly communicate with their patients and seems unwilling to even try.

August 10th, 2014
avoid at all cost!
She, as the woman below stated was only by the book! She wasn't familiar with most of the questions I had. My partner and I felt like we knew more about birthing babies than she did. She agreed to my request of laboring in the water, skin to skin, breastfeeding immediately after my child is born, as well as not cutting the cord until it stops pulsating. All she agreed to at our initial visits, then once I got further along she said she was familiar with these things and would not be able to do anything that I asked. Not to mention she quit when I was 25 weeks and I then had to find another Dr. To deliver my child. My new Dr is awesome! I've been told she quit because her practice wasn't going as well as she expected. Makes sense!

September 17th, 2013
Horrible, uncaring doctor.
This doctor has the worst bedside manner of any I have ever been to. She is impersonal, rude, and uncaring. She practices strictly by the book, treating patients exactly the same because that is her "standard of care". She could care less about her patients. Avoid at all costs.

June 27th, 2017