Dr. Eleanor Cheng Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Eleanor Cheng?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 21st, 2012

excellent corneal specialist

I switched to visit Dr. Cheng after I observed the professional care, the accurate diagnosis and the extreme patience she has demonstrated in treating my 90 years old mother-in-law. she performed an extremely high-risk cataract surgery for her in 2011 with excellent result. I have not encountered a doctor like Dr. Cheng who has top notch professional knowledge as well as a kind heart and genuine concern for her patients.

November 18th, 2010

worst eye surgeon ever

Did not discuss IOL options.Assembly line type thinking, same IOL for all patients.Wrong IOL put in.Not enough experience to deal with complications.

August 20th, 2010

Cataract Surgery

I just completed cataract surgery with Dr. Cheng. She proved to be very professional,humble, competent, thorough, cautious and caring. Initially, she discussed all my options and answered all my questions. She spent about an hour with me during this initial consult. Ultimately we decided on using a mono-focal aspheric lens in each eye. (ACRYSOF IQ IOL). The results have been dramatic. I can actually see clearly again without glasses. I now have 20-20 vision. I am using reading glasses for close vision. However, for the most part, I seem to be able to read without glasses if the conditions are optimal. In general, my overall experience has been positive.

July 8th, 2010

Cataract Surgery Restor Lens

My first contact with Dr. Cheung was pleasnt, she seemed nice and knowledgeable. I had cataract suregery and she sold me on the Restor Lens instead of a monofocal lens. I feel that if she had prescreened me she would have given me a monofocal. I have very dry eyes and have always been somewhat light sensitive. I could never wear contacts because I didn't like the feel of something in my eye. She never asked me any questions like that. I feel she placed the lens in wrong and to correct it she performed PRK on both my eyes. She never told me how long the recovery from that would be. I'm not sure she fully understands it, as she wanted to replace the Restor lens about 3wks after the PRK as my sight was not improving. I have since gone to two other doctors who said you need to wait 6 months for full healing after PRK. I think Dr. Cheung is too new to understand and Dr. Perl, owner of Corneal Associates doesn't care at all about her patients. He is very cold and pompous. If I had a cornea problem I would travel out of state rather then go to him. To finalize, I was most unhappy with their care of my eyes and would certainly never recommend this practice to anyone.

July 14th, 2017