Dr. Ellie Ley MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 22nd, 2014
Staff was rude the several times I spoke with them on the phone. Took a long time to get an appointment. Office was clean and pleasant. Nice play area for kids. Test was ordered for my child and the Dr. left for several weeks without completing the referral. Very upsetting and unprofessional.

January 23rd, 2014
Reconstruction after double mastectomy
Out of all the doctors I had to see regularly for breast cancer, Dr. Ley Tai was my best. He is doing the reconstruction on my breasts. I had a difficult time liking any of the plastic surgeons I was referred to (I'm not usually picky, but reconstructing breasts after removal is very difficult and plastic surgeons don't necessarily understand the pain/grieving a young breast cancer patient is undergoing); when I was met Dr. Ley for the first time, he put my mind at ease. While he explained all my options, he helped me by explaining to me what would look "best", which was my goal that I expressed. He was willing to listen to what was needed for my goals (some people are trying to avoid pain, or not use parts that don't come from their body, etc). As far as reconstruction, it is important to like your plastic surgeon and trust their abilities because you spend a lot of time with them. I feel he is a tremendous doctor. Caring, listens, answers texts on his home cell late in the evening, met me on the weekends following the mastectomy to change my dressing. I don't ever waste time waiting for him. And the results are starting to look amazing (reconstruction is a long process). He told me all the steps so I didn't judge the earlier states of how it looked. My husband likes him a great deal too. Most importantly, I felt listened to, I felt put in control of what was going to happen to my body, I felt I completely understood all the options and the possible things that could go wrong, and I feel he genuinely cares about me and the outcome of this process. This isn't just another plastic surgeon waiting to make money from your insecurities. This is a real doctor who is in this practice for the right reasons, spends time in the appointments, and follows up with you. He even worked within the tiny incision my breast surgeon made to remove the breast (to spare scars...not all plastic surgeons can work in that small of a cut! My breast surgeon (Dr. Tynan, also a very good doctor!) suggested him...she said she knew he would be the right fit for me, and she was completely right. Thank you Dr. Ley!

January 13th, 2014
ANP psychiatric nurse practitioner
BY 2011 Dr Ley did tummy tuck. excellent skills little to no scars very liyy6 a bilateral carpal tunnel. Very professional, competent

September 18th, 2012
professional caring bedside manner
i was scheduled with him at my VA....he was very informative,explaining everything...after several other drs...i was very impressed