Dr. Elena Christofides MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

August 19th, 2015
Not a good experience
After the initial consultation with Dr Christofides, blood tests were ordered. I saw her to go over the tests, at which time she set up a test for low growth hormone which would take a couple of hours. We met again, but because my sleep cycles are very disordered she wouldn't put me on growth hormone - even though the tests were positive - low. Instead she told me to take a high dose of melatonin, and come back when my sleep cycles are regulated. This is a big part of specialization - doctors are all on different pages. The disordered sleep is part of my illness, and won't be corrected until other things are corrected -- like the low HGH. I wasn't happy she put me through the test knowing I had disordered sleep, and knowing she wouldn't treat me unless my sleep cycles were regulated. When I called to get the results of my tests sent to me, twice they sent the cycles at which my blood was drawn - ie the times, but not the blood test results. So my doctor requested the results, and got the same thing! Finally I called and told them what they'd sent THREE TIMES - and told them I was coming to pick them up in person with my doctors orders and a release of info. After some back and forth, I finally got them, but it took a LONG time! She is not someone I would recommend.

June 9th, 2015
She is direct and to the point. I'd rather have my Doctor tell me like it is.

June 1st, 2015
Unprofessional
I am blown away at the lack of professionalism this place displays. Dr. Christofides was rude, condescending and dismissive, she insulted my physical as well as my intelligence! Wow! I have never met a doctor so rude and unprofessional! If it wasn't for me confirming she was a physician prior to my apt, I would never believe she was one, does not present herself respectable at all! And her staff insulted other patients behind their backs but right in front of me, that made me uneasy before being seen. I cannot believe she feels this kind of behavior is acceptable! I really hope she learns to respect people and humble herself to realize that patients now have a choice at which specialist they seek for treatment. Her rudeness and behavior outshines any type of expertise she may have.

July 23rd, 2013
She is worth the wait!!!
3 yrs after successful Gastric Bypass surgery, I started experiencing scary frequent severe drops in blood sugar (30's) I have never been diabetic. I was tested for diabetes, adrenal tumors , kidney tests etc and bounced from family doc to neurologist to surgeon; I felt like the ball in a tennis match and the bouts were becoming more severe and frequent! My neurologist (I have Parkinson's and Petit Mall epilepsy) made an apt with Dr Christofedes for me. It took a month to get in but after hearing my history and symptoms she ordered a battery of blood tests and a week later met with me and told me I have Hypothyroidism! She put me on Synthroid and 50,000 units daily of vitamin D and weekly injections of B-12 which I give myself and after 1 week I have no longer have the severe drops in Blood sugar! Yes, it is difficult to get a first time appt and yes you may spend a few minutes in the waiting room, but my husband and I have both found Dr Christofedes and her entire staff to be friendly and she always spends as much time listening to me as I feel necessary. She HATES artificial sweeteners and diet drinks and yes she is a bit stern but you know what? After all I went through to get the right diagnosis, I plan to stay with her!!!! My neurologist, family doctor and surgeon all speak well of her and are sure glad we have found the answer to my problem.

May 15th, 2013
Bad Vibe
This doctor is rude and dismissive. Aggressive, actually. For example, she prescribed Synthroid. I asked if I could use the generic equivalent. Absolutely not, she said. Synthroid is pretty expensive, and I explained I would like to use the generic. "What part of "no" don't you understand," was her reply. Just got a bad vibe from her. But I thought - maybe next time she'll be different, more compassionate. Nope. Don't know who recommended her, but I'm leaving. Don't waste your time, health and money.

August 4th, 2011
Worst Bestside Manner Ever!!
My overall experience with this doctor was HORRIBLE. She and her staff are rude, condensending, full of themselves,AND talks, laughs and gossips about patients LOUDLY when you are in the office.

February 24th, 2011
Patient Beware
I have never posted comments about a physician before...figuring every doctor has her strengths and weaknesses. In the case of Dr. Christofides, I am making an exception. She has very strong opinions but considerably weaker clinical skill. She is a bully and she was both defensive and dismissive when I had questions about her medical advice. I have since found out (through reading on a reputable website--Cleveland Clinic and talking with physicians for follow-up, that she was wrong on several accounts ... maybe that's why the students who were observing the appointment kept looking at each other with puzzled expressions as Dr. C. spoke. If I had remained on the medication that she had prescribed, I would be at higher than average risk of having a stroke ... Patient Beware.

February 15th, 2011
Terrible Patient Services
Dr. Christofedes herself is not that terrible, however her staff was SO unprofessional and rude in many cases. I sat in a room for 15 minutes while I waited for the Dr. to come in and see me for my first appointment. The ENTIRE time I could hear her (Dr. Christofedes) and her front office staff laughing, and making jokes - some of which were about patients. Completely unprofessional. I have had several other bad experiences with them. Terrible service.

March 3rd, 2010
Very satisfied with the ongoing care of Dr. Christofedes. I was referred by another medical who also gave her a glowing review.

November 3rd, 2008
Worst Service EVER
Dr. Christofedes gives the exact same prescription to everyone I know that goes to her. Really odd, considering we are all of varying ages, weights and reasons for going. You will wait at least a half hour or forty five minutes to get in, and when you get there, she'll shill the laser hair removal (that she gets for free to push on you). Not only that, should you arrive 10 minutes late, despite a clearly posted 15 minute reschedule policy, no matter what the reason you WILL be charged a nice fifty dollar no show fee. Greedy, unprofessional in dress and demeanor, with an even less professional front line staff. Avoid at all costs.