Dr. Elena Dembo-Smeaton MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

July 17th, 2016
Dr. Dembo has been my primary care physician for all the years since she joined the practice with Dr. Michaels. She is a true-blue family doctor as well as being very personable!

March 31st, 2016
Smart and Sympathatic
Dr. Dembo is a great family doctor. I have seen her for over 6 years and she has taken really good care of me. She has a lovely and caring demeanor and I feel that she genuinely cares about her patients. I trust her completely.

January 27th, 2015
Uncaring Crooks
So my wife went here and was prescribed one of those anxiety medications that give you suicidal feelings and depression if you stop taking it. Long story short, we were going to be out of town for a few months and needed the doctor to call in the prescription to a local pharmacy. Dr. Dembo told us if you can't come in, she won't do it. We are currently in Illinois so the drive isn't exactly practical. It's all about grabbing as much money as you can with these people. We pay almost $100 per visit even with insurance. If anything happens to my wife because of this I will so the pants off you heartless crooks, Avoid like the plague.

June 5th, 2012
No Nonsense!
Dr. Dembo, like many physicians who have been practicing for a long time, is tired of people crying "woe is me" when they have a cold. Yes, if you waste her time with that she won't hide her annoyance. If you can go into her office knowing what you need, can accurately and concisely explain your symptoms, and are willing to follow through on her recommendations then she is the doctor for you! She has a bit of an accent but is not difficult to understand. I've found her to be an excellent doctor.

January 13th, 2012
Not worth going back to.
The doctor didn't read my chart accurately. She did not take my complaints seriously and told me that I needed to take a vacation to solve my problem.

November 27th, 2010
Dr. Dembo Nightmare
Dr. Dembo is nice and has a nice bedside manner, but she completely misdiagnosed me and overlooked critical problems that should have been followed up on especially due to the circumstances that caused the health issues that she was well aware of. She completely dropped the ball and I suffered because of it. She actually told me there was nothing more she could do for me and refused to run tests I asked for, thinking I was a hypochondriac or something. I went to another doctor at UCSD who ran his own tests and found some fairly serious problems in my bloodwork that has helped with my treatment tremendously. Instead of doing some "leg work" and looking in to my particular problems, she turned her back on me. Thank God I left her practice and sought care at UCSD where they were willing to go the extra mile for their patients to figure out what is going on. I have zero faith in Dr. Dembo.

February 2nd, 2010
Great Family Doc
Dr. Dembo is a great family doctor. I have been seeing this doctor for more than 5 years and I would highly reccomend her!

December 11th, 2009
Very pleasant and knowledgeable, speaks Russian, does not rush patients